Thread: Franklin is Beating the Odds!

Franklin is Beating the Odds!

Hello all,
    My kitty Franklin turned 14 today! Some of you may remember me and Franklin from back in the days of the kitty adventures.... Franklin’s claim to fame was playing the bagpipes while Sparkler danced..... so much cat-mobile fun!
    For those that don’t know us, Franklin was diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy way back in 2013. His vet didn’t expect him to live 6 months let alone all these years. He’s still taking his meds every day and is a big (16 lbs!) happy boy.
    I like to post these updates in case there is someone else with a kitty with this illness and is in need of encouragement. I also want cat parents to seriously consider taking their kitties for a check up every year, not just when the kitty needs shots. I got lucky when it was diagnosed so early.
    Anyway, just wanted to pop in and share Franklin’s b-day.....thanks!
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Such good news, thank you.

Happy Birthday #14,
    FRANKLIN!!!!!

From your friends Sparkler, Tinker, and Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear Franklin and Diane, it's so nice to hear from you!

What wonderful news, that you're doing so well and have been for so long! That's such a great report there, and thank you for sharing it with us. What a great boy you are, Franklin, taking your meds and staying so healthy!

Thanks you for your wise thoughts regarding vet care! We agree totally with you on staying up to date with vet visits and keeping close tabs on anything unusual going on and having it checked out.

Sparkler is still here, doing fine, and she keeps up her dancing practice with CD and on-line bagpipe performances. She really misses the kitty bagpipe sessions and all the rest of the Catmobile fun! Our other Catmobile kitties are now Angels, piping and dancing at the Rainbow Bridge, keeping all the other Angels entertained and getting them to join in.

Another kitty, Tinker, joined the family in October. She is a brown-black Tabby lady, and after seeing your post she now she wants me to get her her own set of bagpipes! Here she is: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=194466

from Sparkler and Tinker and Pat
    Last edited by phesina; 04-25-2021 at 07:38 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Happy 14th!

Hi Diane! So nice to hear from you! What wonderful news! SO happy to hear that Franklin is doing so well! He surely has beaten the odds, and celebrating his 14th birthday Wow!!! Please give him a birthday hug and kiss for me! And thanks for your words of wisdom. Franklin is so lucky having such a devoted and caring mom in you!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks, everyone!
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Happy Birthday Indeed! So nice he is proving the original dire prediction wrong. Glad you reappeared to celebrate with us!
    I've Been Frosted

Happy birthday dear Franklin. Lots of treats, pets and scritches.

Yay, Franklin! Happy Birthday! This is wonderful news!

Hugs,
    Elyse (cassiesmom)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Good to hear from you!

Happy Birthday Franklin!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana