Thread: Heaven Sent Maxwell!

Heaven Sent Maxwell!

Good morning, Maxwell! Congratulations on being crowned Dog of the Day, sweetheart, and how deserving you are!

I was so moved, Maxwell, reading your dear Mommy's love filled tribute to her beautiful boy, her superhero; learning of the very special place you hold in her heart and she in yours.

I can only imagine how difficult it was for you both to be separated a mere 6 months after your rescue as she sought treatment for cancer, just as your wonderful life to together had only just begun. Yet, despite that year long separation, the unbridled joy you expressed at her return (the very moment you laid eyes on her!) is living proof of that unbreakable bond you and she forged those many months ago. Not even the miles, the passage of time would dim your mutual love!

When it was finally my time to pick Maxwell up when my health had returned, I was worried that the bond might not be there anymore, especially since it had been a long while since his adoption. He'd been living with others even longer than he did with me at that point. But like the heart-tugging happy ending of a Disney movie, as soon as I walked through the door, this sweet dog jumped into my arms and wouldn't stop licking my face with a pronounced sign of remembrance and familial love.
    No doubt during you were your Mommy's priceless source of motivation and inspiration during those most challenging days of treatment, helping her to summon the strength to heal in the hope of that happy day reunion. As was the case with your beloved predecessor, Chuggi, in many ways you helped to save her, just as she rescued you. And now, your Mommy healthy and whole once more, that beautiful bond of love you and she share lives on, the two of you looking forward to many, many more wonderful years of shared love and devoted companionship; your journey together on that path of life only just begun! How blessed she is, having a furkid, a comforter and healer, as superhero in you, Maxwell. Just as your Mom says, you truly one joyful and life loving boy, a friend to all with a heart of gold. But nowhere does your light shine more brightly than in your Mommy's heart, forever and always!

I feel very fortunate that we have been able to continue on the path we started and look forward to many countless adventures on the road ahead.
    Endless thanks to your Mommy for sharing your heartwarming, life affirming backstory with us, along with so many utterly heart-melting photos; giving us the pleasure of paying tribute to one EXTRA special boy! Enjoy your big day of honor, sweetheart...running along the lakeside in one of your stylin' coats, hehe; meeting up with your pup pals, stopping by one of your favorite pet-friendly shops; spending hours cuddling with your dear Mommy; being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, snuggles and smooches to you, beautiful superhero Maxwell, our very special and most deserving Dog of the Day, EVERY day!!!

Be still my heart!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Maxwell

Name:  22f.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  259.0 KB

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day
    What a wonderful story of love and true bonding.
    You have to be one special dog to wear the boots.
    Lets hope you have many happy adventures
    with your loving person and celebrate your special day

Dearest Maxwell, you are adorable! What a precious Miniature Pinscher/Chihuahua mix guy you are. You're absolutely gorgeous in those great photos, and thank you for sharing them with us. Your beauty and your delightful personality come through so well in them!

And what a story you have to tell! You came into your dear person's life after his/her beloved Chuggie passed away after a full life of adventure and love. You badly needed a good loving home, and your person badly needed some healing of the hole in her heart. After six months together, you became the balanced, joyful dog you truly were! And then she needed to let you go in order to undergo serious cancer treatment. And two sets of treasured friends took you into their homes and families as your person underwent treatment. We are so very glad and grateful that those friends were there when they were so badly needed, that your mom went through treatment and moved into remission and recovery, and then that after she was in good health again, she brought you back home and your bond was still there, stronger than ever! You jumped into her arms and wouldn't stop licking her face with a pronounced sign of remembrance and familial love!

You are her canine superhero, a real joy to have, so keen on saying hello to all the humans and dogs you come across on your walks in Chicago (in those cool fleece PJs and red boots when weather dictates such!). You love running along the lakefront, visiting the dog-friendly shops, and most of all, cuddling by your person's side. You are both looking forward to many more adventures to share, and you love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Maxwell, on being chosen Dog of the Day! We hope you and your dear person and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats. We know that dear Chuggie Angel is rejoicing with you at the Rainbow Bridge!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery