Thread: Newest Angel from Wren's Grove -Leroy Bird

Newest Angel from Wren's Grove -Leroy Bird

Back in maybe December, when Kermit picked me up from work one day, there was a covered cage in the back of Ruby. (Ourr Honda CRV).

I asked who was in the cage, and it was this boy:

His name is Leroy, and he is another refugee from the dissolution of Marlboro College, Kermit's Alma Mater. He belonged to his least favorite professor, so we know he - the bird - is about 20 years old. The professor has since died, and Leroy was being fostered by a couple who recently divorced, and neither wanted him, so he now is a member of a busy, noise house with plenty of stimulation, which was an improvement for him.

And yes, he does talk! And beep and chirp and knows my name already!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome Home, Leroy! You're beautiful!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

3. Aw! pretty birdy
    soon he'll be running the house in no time!

Welcome Home Leroy!! You're a very handsome fellow.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Hello, Leroy! Welcome home!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    Aw! pretty birdy
    soon he'll be running the house in no time!
    He would like to be in charge, and is allowed to wander about freely most of the time. The kitten, Fancy, learned quickly that attempting to "hunt" Leroy was a VERY painful experience, so has kept away from him since a couple bites.

Leroy is getting less bitey with we humans, and will cuddle in a fleece with Kermit sometimes, so that's progress!
    I've Been Frosted

Sadly, Leroy has flown to the Rainbow Bridge, long before his time. We think he spotted the grapes - which he loves, and was walking over to the dining room when no one was home, and Sunflower - who is nursing kittens and had suddenly taken an interest in stalking him, managed to get him.

Please no, "I told you so's" - it happened in a rare moment when neither Kermit nor I were home, and we are heartbroken. My daily banana is not as fun any more without sharing one piece - just one, thank you, with a little grey friend.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry, Karen. My deepest sympathy to you and Kermit and all who love Leroy and grieve him and will miss him so much. May your precious memories and keepsakes from his all-too-short time with you help to give you some comfort.

And my very deepest sympathy to Leroy himself, leaving for the Bridge so soon. You didn't have much time here, did you, sweet fellow.

Leroy is a beautiful Angel at the Rainbow Bridge now, whole and healthy again, spreading his wings wide and singing his joy. He is with you always, watching over you all, and sending down love and the reminder that you will be together again, One Fine Day...

Fly free, sweet Leroy Angel!
    Last edited by phesina; 03-16-2021 at 09:51 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

9. i am just now seeing this. so sorry for your loss