Thread: Sweet Sweeney and Terrific Todd!

Sweet Sweeney and Terrific Todd!

Dearest Sweeney and Todd, what an utterly gorgeous pair of Snowshoe Siamese guys you are! You are both so handsome, and what a treat it is to see you in all these great photos. Thank you for sharing them with us! You look so comfortable and contented in them all, and what a great job they do showing the bond and closeness you share. I love that shot of you two on that chair! Todd, you're settled curling around along the back of the seat, and Sweeney, you're lying full length on your back, resting your head and shoulders along Todd's hindquarters and stretching your legs out long off the edge of the chair. And then the last photo of you two cuddled up together in a chair, Sweeney hugging Todd with your arms wrapped around his upper body, is precious, absolutely priceless! I wish I could reach through the screen and way over to Seattle to pet you both! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Meowmie will pet you for me .

And what a delightful story you have to tell! Your dear Meowmie-to-be was grieving the loss of her former beloved Siamese brothers, Sake and Nikko, and feeling bereft of cat comfort. Her bff found you guys on Petfinder and suggested they take a trip to Woodinville in wine country, to get some wine and take a look at you two at the Homeward Pet shelter there. You had been rescued from an abandoned mobile home park in Eastern Washington. On that memorable date of January 8th, 2011 (the date the Seahawks beat the Saints! Yes!), they traveled to Woodinville (listening to the game), got the wine, and visited the shelter. Though your ages were different (3 and 4), you were said to be brothers and were "bonded," meaning you would go together to your new home. And so you did! You and Meowmie all adopted each other, and you've been Home there more than ten years now! Our great thanks to those wonderful folks at the Homeward Pet shelter for rescuing you and sheltering you so you could one day meet dear Meowmie and join the family.

You have the most delightful Purrrsonalities! Todd, you're "The Mighty Hunter," retired now but formerly hunting and killing and then bringing home your dead catches. At age 13 now, you haven't brought any home for four years, and you now only pose as sentry to your home. Sweeney, you're the "Hungry Fat One" (named by boyfriend, not Meowmie), age 14 now. You've never killed anything, though once you brought a live mouse into the house by the tail, which Meowmie was able to let free and escape. You also pull sentry duty to your home, and you like to watch over your Kingdom from your perch inside. You boys and Meowmie all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Sweeney and Todd, on being chosen today's Cats of the Day! We hope you and dear Meowmie and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats. We know that Sake Angel and Nikko Angel are rejoicing with you at the Rainbow Bridge!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Super Sweeny and Todd!

Hi Sweeny and Todd! Happy Cats of the Day to you!

What a joy it is, a double delight, to see one precious, oh so beautiful, blue-eyed Snowshoe Meezer pair being crowned co-Cats of the Day! Your heart-meltng photos, seeing just how truly bonded a pair you two are, sent me into swoon mode!

I can't imagine how anyone could abandon kitties as beautiful as you two, left to fend for yourselves. Thankfully you were rescued in time, given safe refuge by Homeward Pet until that furever family destined to be yours would find their way to you. And oh boy, didn't you two hit the furever family jackpot the day they opened up their hearts and home to you two beauties! And every day since you have repaid the love shown you, helping to heal your humans' hearts after the passing of your beloved predecessor, Sake and Niko; each and every day bringing so much love and joy to their lives (not to mention "gifts")!

How lucky your family is, having two beautiful and loving furkids in you two! What treasures you are, Sweeny and Todd, just as special as can be, and so very worthy of your "top cat" crowns!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, kids! Reading your Mom's love filled tribute, your heartwarming rags to riches backstory, learning of the very special bond you two AND your family share has been such a treat! I hope you enjoyed a very special Cat of the Day celebration...watching over your Catdoms from your perches; chowing down on yummy treats; cuddling with your humans and each other; being loved and pampered to pieces; treated to all your hearts desire and more! Lots of love, hugs and smooches to you, beautiful Sweeny and Todd, our very special and most deserving Cats of the Day, EVERY day!!!

Besties for life!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hello, Sweeney and Todd in Washington! Happy, happy Cats of the Day! I would be honored to attend as many tales (and tails!) as you'd like to share! Your person has given us a wonderful tale, so I'll start there.

What a gorgeous pair of Snowshoe Siamese cats you are! How wonderful that you had already bonded at the shelter, and your person was able to adopt you together. I like your wonderful light and darker brown markings and your beautiful blue eyes!

You are busy fellows, too! You both serve sentry duty, keeping an eye on everything that is happening. Todd has retired from hunting after a successful (eek!) career. Sweeney is responsible for observing from an indoor perch (Todd, do you like perches too?). You both enjoy napping and snuggling together, and I am sure you bring your people loads of joy and smiles! PURRRRRR-fect times two!

Happy, happy Cats of the Day to Sweeney and Todd!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sweeney and Toddj

These two beautiful big boys had their annual vet check today, and they are 1/2 lbs lighter (whoo hoo) and healthy as ever. Here is a photo of them in front of the fire, after their shots, which make them sleepy. [IMG]IMG_1459.jpg[/IMG]