Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moved in

moved in

well I am mostly settled, but haven't got my computer there yet, so I use it here...will get it set up there after I get my desk set up there...I miss being on here more and posting.

I saw a black kitty outside last night, in the early evening, coming out of the bedroom, to the living room, I could see a kitty run away from the front door, I had the door open, and thru the screen door I saw it, but when I went outside to see if I could see him/her, I couldn't find it. so I put food and water out there, and this morning I noticed alot of food was gone, so SOMETHING ate it, I don't know if it was kitty or not. but(and I do mean this LOL) there is no way I am adopting or letting that kitty in the house, I can't afford any more sick kittys! it won't hurt to feed the kitty and leave a warm bed for him though. I guess when I am there longer I will find out if he/she belongs to anyone or is a stray.
    Faith in God

Congratulations on getting settled in your new home! I know it is a tough thing.......I have boxes stacked everywhere in my garage!! That's this weekend's project, to start to get through all of them.

Good luck to you!

Logan

Hi Toughcookie!
    Can't wait to be able to say this, "that's the way the cookie crumbles" to the post, "I adopted a stray black cat I saw on one of my first days at my new place"...

Good luck getting settled!

congratulations on your new addition.. (come on, who here really BELIEVES that that cat will stay outside? ) j/k
    Best of luck with settling in.

How neat....a new neighbor...in a new neighborhood.

How was your move? Did everything go OK?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Mary, I'm glad that you're almost all moved in. Hopefully the black cat has a nice home already so he/she will be less tempting to adopt. Good luck with your computer desk and hook up.

Hi Mary, glad you are settling in OK Surely a black cat crossing your path means a prosperous and happy time at your new home (and maybe it even means an EIGHT cat family??? )
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Originally posted by Miss Meow
    ...(and maybe it even means an EIGHT cat family???)
    Isn't that just another way to say a prosperous home here in Pet Talk??

Good luck in your new home, Mary.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Glad you're getting settled in.

I agree... black cats are the BEST luck
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Glad the moves complete Mary - and I agree with Nicole - a black cat MUST be a lucky sign - and OF COURSE you won't let him over the doorstop will you?!!(snigger ) Good luck with getting everything unpacked and sorted - what a job!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Mary, if the black cat came to your front door, then I'd say she was looking for something to eat, or is looking for a new home. The new next door neighbors to me brought a tabby with them. She was in my driveway the other day. I did not know if it was a stray or belonged to someone in the neighborhood. I tried to coax her out from a stack of lumber. But she did not know me and did not come out, yet it did meow when ever I said anything to her, as if talking. However, if the cat is a stray, perhaps you could build a box for her and keep food ready.

I know what it is to move into a new residence. Did all go well, and how did your 7 furkids take to moving?

...........wayne

I don't know what brought the kitty to my door, I haven't seen it lately, but something is eating the food I put out there, and I added a covered box with a blanket in it for the little fella, everday I put fresh water and add food. my mother saw him one day, she said he (or she?) had white front legs and white under the chin. maybe kitty showed up because s/he knew there were other cats there. LOL I laughed so much the other day, my mom said if you feed him then others will start showing up, he will let the others know.!!!! rofl... I teased her and said yeah the kitty is on the corner saying, pssst, food and water this way! LOL
    anyway, you all are having fun with the idea that I will let kitty inside....
    I would IF I wasn't afraid of the cat giving some other disease or illness to my cats.
    next week I am having someone come out to give an estimate for building an enclosure for my kitty cats, since I have an L-shaped yard. ( no room for a dog what was I thinking??! I would LOVE to have the room for one someday)

I got my desk set up and will bring my computer over there this weekend, yay!! and the rest of the roombelongs to the cats! will post a pic this weekend. LOL even the cat tunnels are in there so I can hardly walk in there.
    Faith in God

Oh, great! I'm looking forward to seeing the photos.

Sorry about the yard being so small, I was looking forward to hearing about you introducing a canine brother to your brood!

Good luck!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

well, someday I will get a dog. but for now I have enough to keep me busy with these pretty kitties of mine. I have a knack for picking the sick ones, LOL! but they are such good kittycats
    I can't wait to get the enclosure built, If I can find someone to do it for $25.00 .....j/k. I'll post pics of the yard and "cats room" in a couple days.
    Faith in God

well my computer is disconnected now(using my moms) but still not at my new house, I can't wait to get it re-connected! I miss pettalk and see there's alot of catching up to do! hopefully I will get it there this week, I hope. I need help connecting it.
    hey, there are 2 cats around my new house, the black and white one, and another one that is the same coloring as Cassie, tan and black, but long haired, big fluffy tail...beautiful!

but they will stay outside, with boxes for shelter and food and water.
    Patches is sick, he's been gagging, very bad, I thought it was a hair ball but it never comes up...took him to the vet yesterday, she said to give him this tube of hairball med, then Friday bring him back for an x-ray, and he has to go 24 hours without food before the x-ray! poor Patches, he won't like that.
    I think I had already mentioned on here once about Muffins eyes? they arent worse but about the same. I'm waiting till she is settled to see about those, as long as they don't get worse.
    my mother is also moving, on Monday, so I am here helping her get packed... ...
    I have Patches here with me, so I could watch him, was scared to leave him home with the gagging. it woke me up at 2:30 AM the night before last, and it was so loud, it really scared me.

I asked the vet, and she agreed, that I have had an EXTREME amount of sick cats!!! I know I have 7 but sheesh! we joked yesterday that I should just live ther at the vets!
    I was so down about it, but after getting home, I watched them together, and they are so sweet, I love having them around, I really do. they are the best! after giving Charlie his medicine the other day, I had to fight him, and that is kind of, well I feel bad about it even tho I know its necessary. anyway, he ran from me after I gave it to him, but then he came back and snuggled next to me. it really cheered me!
    Last edited by toughCookie; 01-15-2003 at 04:20 PM.
    Faith in God