Thread: Fabulous Fluffy, our Thanksgiving kitty!

Fabulous Fluffy, our Thanksgiving kitty!

Dearest Fluffy, a.k.a. "Fluffy yeah that's my name, what are you gonna do about it?", you are fabulous indeed! What a gorgeous Domestic Longhair gentleman you are! Your name certainly does suit you, because that long colorful fur is fluffy indeed and looks so very soft. And what a sweet face you have with that brown mustache and those long, LOOOONG curly white whiskers and eyebrows and those lovely big eyes! Thank you for sharing those great photos with us. You are absolutely stunning in them all, and how nice to see you with your dear pal and shadow Smoke! It looks like he might be giving you a back-massage there, and from the look of contentment in your face, he just might be. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Newnan, GA to pet you and Smoke and your other kitty friends, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you all for me .

And what an amazing story you have to tell! You were a completely feral cat who started coming to your future home to get food that your dear Purrrsons-to-be put out for you. It took a couple of months for you to decide to trust them enough to come Home. You've become a great housecat, spending time biscuiting on laps, playing with other cats, and appreciating Meowmie's excellent cooking. Then about six months ago, you started dropping weight. You were diagnosed with midstage renal failure, and you spent a week in hospital on IV fluids. You came back home with a prescription for daily sub-cu fluids. You and your Purrrsons have adapted Purrrfectly to that change in your routine. You've regained weight you lost and are happily playing and running around the house like a kitten. You're loving life again! You and they will keep up with the fluids, doing what's necessary for you to keep enjoying life. You and they all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Today is Thanksgiving in America, and your Purrrsons are very thankful that you chose them to live with and that you'll be around for hopefully quite a while. They think any cat with such a will to live and who's so cooperative and sweet deserves to be honored, and I agree!

Congratulations, darling Fluffy, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Smoke and Purrrsons and all your family and friends, all species, are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 11-26-2020 at 10:06 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Fabulous Fluffy!

Hi Fluffy! Congratulations on being crowned our very special, Thanksgiving Day Cat of the Day, sweetheart, how very deserving you are, indeed!

I was in tears, Fluffy, reading your proud daddy's heartfelt, heartwarming, love filled tribute to his brave, beautiful boy! What a fighter you are, Fluffy, meeting your renal issues and tolerating those sub q fluid supplements like a trooper!

We are so very thankful to your wonderful mom and dad for rescuing you, watching over you in your time of need, patiently waiting for that day when you would toss aside your feral ways and waltz through that door, accepting them with open paws as your furever family, never looking back! (Hard to resist being handfed that deli ham!) And after settling in, after noticing you weren't looking or feeling yourself, once again they were there for you, whisking you off to the vet's to determine what was wrong! It must have been hard for them to learn that at such a young age your kidneys were not up to snuff. But like you, they were up for the challenge, doing all that was needed to set you on the road to recovery, to keep you in their lives for many more years to come!

About six months ago he started dropping weight and his fur started looking a bit coarse, which meant a fast trip to the vets- he was in midstage renal failure, which he's kind of young for (we think- obviously we don't have any idea how old he really is)- he spent a week in hospital on IV fluids and came home with a Rx for daily sub-cu fluids. We had our doubts about adminstering fluids to a former feral cat- but our Fluff is a trooper!! He's been an angel about the daily fluids, he's packed on almost 3 pounds since his illness, he's happily playing and running around the house like a kitten- he's loving life again! Still gets the fluids, because his kidneys still need that- but he's been wonderful about it and we're happy to keep doing what's necessary for him to enjoy life - which he is doing!
    Now that is the healing power of unconditional love and uwavering devotion! How lucky your family is, Fluffy, having been blessed with a furkid, a furry family member as beautiful, as gentle and loving, as special as you! Your indomitable fighting spirit and will to live, your family's unconditional love and unwavering devotion are truly an inspiration to us all!

Great thanks to your daddy for sharing you and your heartwarming rags to riches story with us, along with your beautiful, heart-melting photos! You truly are one EXTRA special boy, Fluffy, a fighter and survivor, and SO very deserving of your Thanksgiving Day honors! I hope you and brother Smoke, your mom and dad all enjoyed a very special, peaceful and love filled Thanksgiving Day, Cat of the Day celebration! And here's to many more wonderful ones yet to come! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, brave, beautiful Fluffy, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!! Love to dear brother Smoke, too!!!

SO beautiful...

Besties!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Congratulations on being our Thanksgiving Cat of the Day Fabulous Fluffy!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Fluffy - r.i.p.

Fluffy lost his battle today, 11/4/2021. He's been coming every morning to yip at me and get me up to feed him his breakfast and do fluids- this morning he wasn't there. I found him hiding next to the box in our front room, eyes blown out, hissing and spitting- he'd crashed completely. I wrapped him in a warm towel and took him in to the vet to put him out of his suffering- hardest thing I've done in years. Fluff was the BEST- never had a cat, ESPECIALLY a FERAL cat, who became so wonderful a pet and companion, and who was SO brave and cooperative and helpdul and THANKFUL for all the stuff that had to happen to keep him healthy and confortable......

Rest in Peace my favorite Fluffy- we'll see you again someday-- we truly love you--

bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by bowlkat View Post
    Fluffy lost his battle today, 11/4/2021. He's been coming every morning to yip at me and get me up to feed him his breakfast and do fluids- this morning he wasn't there. I found him hiding next to the box in our front room, eyes blown out, hissing and spitting- he'd crashed completely. I wrapped him in a warm towel and took him in to the vet to put him out of his suffering- hardest thing I've done in years. Fluff was the BEST- never had a cat, ESPECIALLY a FERAL cat, who became so wonderful a pet and companion, and who was SO brave and cooperative and helpdul and THANKFUL for all the stuff that had to happen to keep him healthy and confortable......

Rest in Peace my favorite Fluffy- we'll see you again someday-- we truly love you--

bowlkat
    Oh bowlcat, I am so very, very sorry. My very deepest sympathy to you and your family for losing your precious, so loving, so beloved Fluffy, after such a long and valiant a fight by you and him to keep going. You all shared so much precious time together, all the way from back in feral days! What an accomplishment, what a Thanksgiving treasure shared by you all!

Now Fluffy is a beautiful Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, whole and healthy again, relaxing and enjoying the company of so many other beloved Angels, and watching over you all. He is with you always, sending down love, and reassuring you that you will all be together again, One Fine Day...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and ,
    from Pat and Sparkler and Tinker
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery