Thread: Sweet Silk!

Threaded View

Sweet Silk!

Dearest Silk, what a beautiful Nanday Conure you are! I've never met one before, and what a gorgeous introduction to them you are! Those feathers are so colorful and pretty, and what a sweet face you have with those brown eyes surrounded by white in the midst of all that black.

And what a story you have to tell! You started out in a very neglectful home, to say the least. You weren't fed or watered properly, and you were pretty much ignored. As a result, you screamed constantly and you were banished to a back room in the house. Then, five years ago you were rescued, and I am so very glad and grateful to your rescuers. Bless you all! You came to live in the loving home you deserved, and had always deserved, and you've become a loving, trusting pet. You seldom make loud noises, and you ask for "kisses" (knowing a treat will follow). You whisper "I love you" and will cuddle under your person's neck. You love taking a bath but insist on the water being the proper temperature. You share your cage with your dear friend Pearl, a female cockatiel, and you each get upset if the other is out of your sight. You are very special to your dear family, providing companionship and laughter. Most of all, though, you show what love and patience can mean in life. You and they all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Silk, on being chosen today's Pet of the Day! We hope you and your dear Pearl and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 11-06-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery