Thread: Sweet Silk!

Sweet Silk!

Dearest Silk, what a beautiful Nanday Conure you are! I've never met one before, and what a gorgeous introduction to them you are! Those feathers are so colorful and pretty, and what a sweet face you have with those brown eyes surrounded by white in the midst of all that black.

And what a story you have to tell! You started out in a very neglectful home, to say the least. You weren't fed or watered properly, and you were pretty much ignored. As a result, you screamed constantly and you were banished to a back room in the house. Then, five years ago you were rescued, and I am so very glad and grateful to your rescuers. Bless you all! You came to live in the loving home you deserved, and had always deserved, and you've become a loving, trusting pet. You seldom make loud noises, and you ask for "kisses" (knowing a treat will follow). You whisper "I love you" and will cuddle under your person's neck. You love taking a bath but insist on the water being the proper temperature. You share your cage with your dear friend Pearl, a female cockatiel, and you each get upset if the other is out of your sight. You are very special to your dear family, providing companionship and laughter. Most of all, though, you show what love and patience can mean in life. You and they all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Silk, on being chosen today's Pet of the Day! We hope you and your dear Pearl and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 11-06-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Silk

Name:  large (1).jpg
Views: 81
Size:  15.0 KB

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day
    What a handsome boy, it is so good you were rescued in time.
    Now you have a wonderful life with plenty of good food,
    warm baths and a friend to share your cage with
    Celebrate your special day

Sweet Survivor Silk!

Good morning, Silk! Happy Pet of the Day to you, sweetheart!

What a brave, beautiful Nanday Conure you are, Silk!!! I was moved to near tears, reading your human's love filled tribute, your heartwarming rags to riches story!

I am so, so very sorry to hear of the unspeakable, unconscionable abuse and neglect you suffered at the hand of your former horrid human! I can only imagine the strength you needed to summon to hang on until your rescue! What a fighter you were, and how inspirational, how life affirming is your amazing transformation!

Since we have had Silk, he has become a loving, trusting pet. He seldom makes any loud noises. He will ask for "kisses" (knowing a treat will follow), will whisper "I love you" and will cuddle under your neck.
    Just as your Mom/Dad says, such is the healing power of unconditional love and true devotion!

Silk is special because he provides companionship and laughter. Most of all though, he has shown what love and patience can mean in life, be it human or animal.
    Amen!!! How very lucky your family is, having been blessed with a feathered family as brave and beautiful, as special as you, Silk; their source of endless joy, love and laughter! You truly are one amazing boy, Silk, a fighter and true survivor, simply the best!

Thanks for the huge smiles, Silk! Meeting you today, reading your heartwarming, inspirational backstory and learning of the love your humans hold in their hearts for you, and you for them, has made my morning!!! I hope you enjoy a VERY special day of celebration...taking a nice, lukewarm tubbie, hehe; spending fun time with your bonded, best feathered friend, Pearl; munching on yummy birdies treats; giving and receiving tons of cuddles and kisses; being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, gentle snuggles and wee kisses to you, brave, beautiful Silk, our very special and most deserving Pet of the Day, EVERY day!!! Love to dear Pearl too!

SO beautiful!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Congratulations, Sweet Silk, on being POTD! You are gorgeous, precious and Heaven-sent! (We birds!) We're so glad you have been rescued by a loving family who truly appreciate you! We loved reading about your happy new, carefree life. So many of the small pets we have adopted through the decades were shy, neglected, unloved but their sweet, trusting personalities shined with our patience and unconditional love. Sending all best wishes for a long, happy, healthy, fun, safe life, Sweetie! XOXO

Our Precious Rescued Lil Peeps Web Page: http://www.guineapigsrfun.net/275827546

*Please Opt to Adopt ~ November is Adopt-a-Senior-Pet Month ~ All Homeless Pets Deserve Loving Homes (no matter how big -or- small, no matter age or pedigree)

I am glad Sweet Silk was rescued in time.

Congrats on being Pet of the Day.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana