Thread: What's the status of coronavirus where you are?

What's the status of coronavirus where you are?

What's the status of coronavirus where you are? They say that 21 states in the US have hit their peak 7-day average of new Covid-19 cases this week

Vermont is still one of the safest places. We have had an uptick in cases- one linked to some migrant workers who came here for harvest time, and some linked to a specific hockey league, but on the whole, still the lowest case count in the country.

Vermont has taken it seriously, and most Vermonters are naturally good ay social distancing anyway.
    I've Been Frosted

The numbers in Denmark has risen the last few weeks, like in many countries in Europe, mostly among young people. Some just don't see the importance of keeping a distance.

In this link you can see the Covid numbers all over the world - if you click on USA, you will see how it's going in each state.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    The numbers in Denmark has risen the last few weeks, like in many countries in Europe, mostly among young people. Some just don't see the importance of keeping a distance.

In this link you can see the Covid numbers all over the world - if you click on USA, you will see how it's going in each state.
    Thanks - good info on that link, Randi!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post

That's the problem when young people don't listen, they feel like they are immune or something

in "lock out", because the virus is getting worse every day... !
    Several hospitals have so much corona-patients, that they are at their limit of all the new ones

I am soooo scared to become sick too......, I don't go anywhere
    I really hope we will be able to have a normal Christmas 2020.......
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Pretty much the same here. The pandemic is still raging, and way too many people are ignoring the guidelines to wear a mask and to "socially-distant" keep six feet apart..
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Getting worse in B.C. I only go out for groceries. Never go without a mask, luckily you cannot grocery shop without one, they actually have bouncers at the door that won't let you enter if your face is naked.

There has been a rise in cases in Vermont, but we are still lowest in the nation, and I believe they know where each of the cases was contracted here. but in neighboring states, even, the virus is much more widespread, so visitors are advised to self-quaratine, or are just not welcome.

You are all in my prayers, Lut so glad you are being extra careful.
    I've Been Frosted

It's getting better now, everyday we have lesser new cases!! Hurray!!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

It is getting worse here - we still have the lowest count in the nation, but cases are spreading here in pockets, most traced to one or two events. Do not drop your vigilance, people, or your masks!

Cross border travel to Vermont from other states and to other states is now disallowed, and folks must quarantine for two weeks, or get tested and quarantine for a week. Just people who work across the state line are allowed to travel back and forth, but are discouraged from anything just work i - no going to gatherings or restaurants after work, etc., in the state in which you do not live.
    I've Been Frosted

I’m not sure about Illinois, but in the Chicagoland area it has gone from bad to worse over the past few weeks.

It's slowly getting better. The positivity rate in Illinois is going down, little by little. Still scary, though.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

It's not getting better here in Ontario Canada. It's gotten worst, then super bad that it was illegal to leave your home for non-essential reasons. A couple in a van, in an empty parking lot were playing pokemon go, and were fined $850... some schools opened up, and covid19 is exploding in them again.

Ford only cares about lining his pockets with money covered in LTC homes blood. Oh, and the sketchy popup businesses he funnels millions into.. good times here.

I've left my home 3 times since mid Nov. At least hubby permanently works from home now, and I can focus on on training the Wieners, playing with kiddo, and getting my indoor sowing started for my business, and huge garden.

I leave the house a couple of times a week, and I go to the store, and I went to see my relatives, while COVID was not sick. Maybe he was asymptomatic and got sick, but no fever, pneumonia, loss of taste, etc.