Thread: Lovely Lively Leo!

Lovely Lively Leo!

Dearest Leo, what a fantastic sweetie of a guy you are! You're a gorgeous big Cream Tabby fellow with soft-looking pale orange fur with white touches. And what a sweet face you have, with that cute pink nose and white mustache, and those long, LOOOONG white whiskers and eyebrows, and those lovely big green eyes. My orange-with-white-touches Tabby girl Sparkler says "Hello, Meow!" Thank you for sharing that album full of great photos with us! They show such a fascinating variety of poses and activities. And how nice to see you and your dear kitty housemates enjoying the fire in the last one! I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Lubbock, TX to pet you all. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you all for me .

And what a wonderful story you have to tell! You had been rescued from a shelter by your dear foster-mom-to-be just days before you would have been put to "sleep." And then she told your dear Purrrsons-to-be all about you, a four-month-old kitten, and shared pictures with them. They weren't sure they were ready to take the leap, but the story and pictures convinced them. And are they ever happy about that, so glad and grateful to foster-mom for being so persistent!

You're full of energy and full of fun, and you make them laugh with your antics. You go charging across the house when you think someone will play with you, and you love to play your favorite game, "ricochet." You also have your serious side, as "Sheriff of these here parts." You check if Eko is playing too rough with Emily and step in if so. And in your role of smell police, you alert your Purrrson to the presence of anything yucky on the floor, pawing at it and trying to bury it. You love human contact, and, shed-monster that you are, you even enjoy being brushed. You're such a loud purr-machine, people hear you coming before they see you. You're the boldest cat at exploring new things. Last winter you checked out the fire in the fireplace, behind the glass doors. When you didn't burst into flames, the other kitties knew it was safe to approach. All three of you are sure enjoying the fire in that last photo! You kitties and Purrrsons all love each other very much, don't you. What a delightful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Leo, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Eko and Emily and Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats and maybe another round of "ricochet!"

Last edited by phesina; 09-16-2020 at 09:49 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

We met Leo through his foster mom, who had saved him from a shelter just days before he would have been put to sleep. We weren't quite sure we were ready for a third cat, but her well-timed emails with heart-melting photos of the then four-month-old kitten convinced us to take the leap.

Leo was a great addition, bringing even more fun to a house that already had two "teenage" kittens. All our cats are playful, but Leo has a couple of times per day where he is positively bursting at the seams with playful energy. If you even look at him he will take off charging across the house in anticipation that you will play with him. His favorite game is "ricochet." He stands in the corner of a narrow hallway, facing the corner, and I ricochet lightweight balls off the hallway walls. He takes crazy backwards and sideways leaps, trying to bat the balls with his paws. Then he enjoys having you throw them across the living room for him to chase.

Leo does have a serious side and considers himself the "Sheriff of these here parts." If Eko is playing too rough with Emily, Leo hears her protests from across the house and heads right over to tell Eko to knock it off. All this usually requires is his presence and body language. He is also the smell police. I'm often alerted to the presence of something yucky on the floor by Leo's frantic pawing at the floor, trying to bury it.

Leo's most striking physical feature is his build. He is a big-boned cat ... 14 pounds but not fat, just long and tall. I love to watch him stroll through our living room. He has sort of a wild elegance about him.

He loves human contact of any kind and is our only cat who enjoys being brushed. That's a good thing since he is also the biggest shed monster. He's such a big purr machine that we often hear him approaching before we see him. He's the boldest in our cat family when it comes to exploring new things. When we lit a fire last winter, the other cats knew it was safe to approach when Leo didn't burst into flames. (The fire was behind glass fireplace doors.)

We're so glad his foster mom was persistent with her "marketing" of Leo. We would have hated to miss out on all he adds to our family.
    Hello, Leo and hello to your kitty-siblings Eko and Emily too! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous cream tabby gentleman you are! You are long and tall, and your creamy orange fur looks so smooth and soft to pet! I like your sweet face, your l-o-n-g whiskers, your pink nose and paw pads! Your person writes that you have a wild elegance about you! I would gladly pet you if I could- since I can't, though, I hope your people will pet you, Eko and Emily for me! You also enjoy being brushed, and you have a lovely loud purr that lets your people know you are coming!

You are a very playful kitty, too- having bouts of energy, waiting to play "ricochet" or playing ball! You are very brave, exploring new things. You are the "Sheriff of these here parts", enforcing nice play with your presence and body language. You also alert your person to things that are yucky, serving as the "Smell police"! You have a lot to do each day! Best of all, you are a much-loved kitty!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Leo!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Lovely Leo!

Hi Leo! Happy Cat of the Day to you, sweetheart!

What a breathtakingly beautiful cream colored Tabby boy you are, Leo! The first word that came to mind when I set eyes on your close up, your cream colored coat and sparkling green eyes was luminescent! You truly shine! And yes, your hunky build is pretty impressive too!

But as beautiful as you are to gaze upon it's your cuddles craving, joyful and playful, sweet and loving purrsonality and big heart that makes you so EXTRA special! How very lucky your family is, the humans and furry ones alike, having you in their lives, bringing so much joy to their days! That persistent marketing sure paid off!
    Then again, how could your humans resist! You truly are one gem of a boy, Leo, living, loving proof of the priceless rewards of rescue and adoption!

We're so glad his foster mom was persistent with her "marketing" of Leo. We would have hated to miss out on all he adds to our family.
    Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Meeting you today, reading your Mom's heartwarming tribute has been a joy! I hope you enjoy a very special day of celebration...diligently executing your sheriff duties, hehe; ricocheting those balls off the walls, lol; playing with sibbies Eko and Emily; having a nice "brush;" receiving tons of cuddles; being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, snuggles and kisses to you, beautiful Leo, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!! Love to dear Eko and Emily too!

Stunning!!!

Family!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

What a handsome creame tabby you are Leo. Congratulations on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana