Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Hi Jim.

Have you had Mr. Destruction in for a vet checkup? If money is an issue - as it is for many - would the vet take payments? Any family or friends that might help?

I have no idea. Took me 5 months to figure out she was a he. <two minute laugh>

<still laughing> I'm waiting for the stimulus money. Then off to the vet.

My biggest problem is eating. My brother tells me I am watching to closely. So now I'm keeping an eye on the output instead of the input. The output seems good.

I was giving him caned food with gravy. I found he licks the gravy off and leaves the meat behind. However, by next meal 1/2 to 3/4 has been eaten. I switched to dry and he does do a bit better. He won't go near the cake type cat food.

I may have caused the gravy liking. When I am preparing his meal on the counter he jumps up on the counter to watch. I open the can and give him what I call, "The insensitive lick." then I put it in the bowl. Then bring it to his spot. Since I stopped giving him dry food he doesn't jump on the counter. He waits at his spot.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Those sound like great presents! Please let us know how Mr. Destruction likes them after Santa delivers them.
    I really hope he like them.

I'm playing Christmas songs all day to get him in the mood. I got 54 Christmas songs on my phone. Johnny Mathis is playing now.

[I can't figure out how to edit.

I balled up my last paragraph. It should be,

"I may have caused the gravy licking. When I am preparing his meal on the counter he jumps up on the counter to watch. I open the can and give him what I call, "The insensitive lick." then I put it in the bowl. Then bring it to his spot. Since I stopped giving him wet food he doesn't jump on the counter. He waits at his spot. "

Update

Well, Christmas day started out well.

The Floppy Fish was a big success as I thought would be. However, it lasted 2 hours.

He was having a ball with it. I'm guessing her objective was to stop it from flopping. He rolled completely around both directions. At one point he laid on his back with his legs straight up holding the floppy fish in the air. He also hugged it rolling. Biting it constantly.

The funny one. Why I said his objective was to stop it from floppy. He let it go and it was flopping on the floor. He calmly walks to it and sits on it. He just there sitting on it for a few minutes.

However, he lost interest in by afternoon. Hasn't looked at since. It flops all by itself.

The moving ball he didn't pay attention to it at all.

I have a pretty dull cat.

I have an adult cat, she is almost 5 years old. In the middle months we found a kitten. The kitten already feels great, the problem with digestion has been solved, and is actively growing. But the older cat does not want to accept him. Although the kitten behaves quite defiantly, it pounces on the cat, for which sometimes an adult cat hits him. Well, I think that after some time everything will get better, because we have a lot of places at home and animals do not interfere with each other. It remains to somehow protect the chinchillas, because they get very nervous when the cat is around.