Thread: Found a starving stray cat

Found a starving stray cat

I found a starving stray 2 days ago. We took her to the vet and they estimate her to be around 3-4 months old. She is severely malnourished and thin. Her test results show a bad liver and we were unable to get a stool sample. They gave me prescription food and meds to give her and I follow up in a week. She has not had a regular BM yet- just mucus. She has thrown up her food a few times too but not a lot comes out. She has been straining to poop and nothing has come out. How long can this baby go without pooping before I need to call them and take her in? I pray something happens soon because the vet didn’t seem optimistic about her condition.
    Just wondering anyone has experienced a similar situation before...
    Also, any advice on getting her to drink water? She has drank a tiny bit in the last couple of days but doesn’t seem motivated to drink much.

You may need to syringe water into her mouth for now. But if she is straining to poop, and nothing is happening, that's not good. Try putting some canned pumpkin in her food?

Bless you for rescuing her!
    I've Been Frosted

Yes, bless you for rescuing her!

Syringing water into her mouth is a very good idea for now. And so is giving her some pumpkin to see if that helps get her to poop. That's a serious situation if she doesn't. Please keep the vets updated as you go along. Let them know tomorrow how she's doing, especially if she is still having trouble. Maybe they'll have other ideas and suggestions or want to see her again sooner than scheduled.

Thank you so much for all you are doing for this precious creature! My cat Sparkler and I are sending you and her loads of loving good wishes and hopes and prayers and healing energies. Please keep us posted!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear Apresh, how is the kitty doing now? I hope she is still hanging in there and maybe doing a little better.

Thanks again to you for rescuing this precious creature and taking such good care of her and loving her.

Sending loads of loving good wishes and warm healing energies to you both..

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Blog Entries
    I sure hope sickly darling kitten is hanging in there. I had a kitten once who hadn't been weened. She would not drink so I got a bowl and put her down beside me and showed her how. I licked from the bowl off and on for two days right beside her.... I wasn't thinking it would work...she finally started drinking thank God. After that she was fine. Try putting extra calories into everything if you can. If kitty ain't eating, she sure as hell won't poop. Best of luck 💕❤️💕

Blog Entries
    It was hard on the back, but you need to put it on the floor and stick your tongue right in the bowl.... show her exactly how it's done by example. Lap it up like a pussycat. I eggagerated the slurping. 😻👍🏿🤜🏻🤛

How are things going now, Apresh? How's the precious kitty doing? I hope things are looking up. Again, thank you and bless you for taking her in and caring for her and loving her.

We're sending loads of loving thoughts and prayers and warm healing energies.

from Pat (and Sparkler)
    Death thought about it.

How are things going now with this dear, precious kitty, Apresh?

We're sending loads more loving thoughts and prayers and warm healing energies for her and you both.

Again, many thanks and blessings for both her and you.

from Pat (and Sparkler)
    Death thought about it.