Thread: Nice, Nifty Norman!

Nice, Nifty Norman!

Dearest Norman, what a good-looking guy you are! That Classic Tabby fur is absolutely gorgeous and looks so soft, and you have the sweetest face with those lovely big eyes semi-closed in leisure. I love those white gloves! Thank you for sharing that great photo with us. What a good job you are doing in making sure those books are kept safe. I'm sure any library would hire you in a minute! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to New Jersey to pet you. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrents will pet you for me .

And what a wonderful story you have to tell! You were rescued by your shelter as part of a feral colony. You were neutered and micro-chipped and would have been released back into the colony, but the shelter people saw something there that suggested that with time and work and love you might become adoptable. Then your dear Purrrents-to-be came looking for a cat with a "sweet personality," and the shelter person introduced you to them. You were very shy and scared, but sure enough they fell in love with you. Meowmie knew right away you were the one, but Dad wasn't so sure.. until you showed him how much you already loved him and didn't want him to set you back down! You adopted each other, and Home you went.

You've now been together for three and a half of your four years. You're still skittish, but you've come a long way! At first, you hid under furniture most of the time where it felt safe. Now you enjoy sunning yourself on your window perch and bird-watching off the back deck. You take excellent care of your fur, constantly washing it and making sure it stays clean and glossy. You and your dear Purrrents all love each other very much, don't you. You're a true family member, whom they feel so lucky to have found! What a delightful, love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Norman, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrents and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Norman in New Jersey!

Hello, Norman in New Jersey! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a handsome tabby gentleman you are! I like your markings and your white-gloved paws! Your fur looks so shiny and smooth to pet- you do a very good job taking care of it, making sure it stays clean and glossy!

You came to the shelter as part of a feral cat colony that was rescued. You were neutered and received a chip, and the shelter people felt you might be able to be adopted rather than returning to the colony. Your people-to-be came to the shelter that day, but you were shy and scared. Your mom knew right away that you were the one, and you showed your dad how you didn't want to be put back down! And home you went!

Now you have plenty to do each day-- taking a sun bath in your window perch; observing the birds and other outdoor activity from the back deck; and helping to keep books in their place! Maybe you pause to eat a yummy kitty treat or play with a favorite toy. And every day, being a loved member of your family! PURRRR-fect!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to beautiful tabby Norman!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Gorgeous Norman!

Hi Norman! Happy Cat of the Day!!!

What a gorgeous Tabby boy you are, Norman! Your coat and markings are stunning! Thanks for being so patient, allowing your Mom to snap a shot of you so all the world can see just how beautiful you are!

But oh, what a happy, heartwarming homecoming story is yours! So many heroes in your Cinderfella tale, starting with your rescue group/the shelter, seeing that special "something" in you, taking a chance on you despite the odds; and your furever family, seeing you for the diamond in the rough that you were, opening up their home and hearts to one most deserving boy! And what a heavenly match it has turned out to be; a case of love at first sight for you and your family! As they say, a lid for every pot!

How lucky your purrents are, having been chosen by you to be their "first" (at least for your Daddy!), having a furkid as brave and beautiful, as special as you, Norman! And how far you've come since your homecomng! And while you may still be a bit skittish, I have no doubt with time you'll grow even more confidant! You truly are a treasure, Norman, and so very deserving of your big day of honor!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, Norman! Meeting you today, reading your proud Mom's love filled tribute has been a joy! I hope you enjoy a very special day of celebration...sunning yourself and watching the birdies from your window perch; nailing down those unruly books, hehe; being loved and pampered to pieces by your devoted Mom and Dad! Lots of love, snuggles and smooches to you, gorgeous Norman, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!!

Beautiful!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hi there handsome!! You look a lot like my new cat Ziggy, in colors ànd in history!
    I feel happy to see that you were so scared at first,
    and that you are now a very happy and much beloved member of your new family!!

Have a perfect day this day!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

What a handsome tabby you are, Norman. You look so nice laying on the bookshelf.
    You came to the shelter as part of a feral colony. You were neutered, micro-chiped and adopted.

You might still be skittish, but my Felica was like you when I got her and she improved and I am sure you will too.

Congrats on being Cat of the Day, Nice, Nifty Norman!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana