Thread: Delightful Rocky!

Delightful Rocky!

Dearest Rocky, what a beautiful Zebra Finch you are! I don't think I've ever seen one before. Those grey and white and orange feathers are so pretty, and that bright-orange beak is gorgeous. And what a story you have to tell! You're the smallest of your family's four finches, and you were often getting pecked on by the others. Your people gave you your own cage, where you were safe but lonely. Since then they've given you a roommate named Steeler, and now you two are constantly playing together outside your cage and flying around. You're the early bird, the first one up and singing of the finches. You sing almost all day, and I'd love to hear your song! You're happy, and you sing to show it. You and your people and Steeler, and even the other finches, I'm sure, all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Rocky, on being chosen today's Pet of the Day! We hope you and your dear people and Steeler and other finches and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats, maybe a special serving of cucumber!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Rocky

Name:  large.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  10.3 KB

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day
    It's too bad you were picked on because of your size.
    Now you are once again happy, singing and flying
    Celebrate your special day

Delightful Darling Rocky!

Hi Rocky! Happy Pet of the Day to you!!!

Aww! What a beautiful, fearless and determined Zebra Finch you are, Rocky! Your plumage is so pretty, and how striking is your bright orange beak!

I'm sorry to hear of your history of being picked on, pecked on by a few of your fellow Finch mates, losing your neck feathers, your Mom having to quarantine you in a cage of your own. Well, that was no fun, was it? But seems your Mom has found the perfect solution, pairing you up with your new roommate, your feathered soulmate, Steeler! Now at last the joy has returned to your days!

We were keeping him in a cage by himself to allow his neck feathers to grow back, and they did, but he was unhappy. He didn't sing very much, and he wouldn't fly around or come out of his cage. We've since given him a roommate named Steeler, and these two are constantly playing outside their cage together and flying around.
    What a very special, joyful and life loving boy you are, Rocky! Your humans are so very lucky, having a feathered family member as special as you in their lives! You're a gem!!!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Meeting you today, reading your family's heartwarming tribute has been such a treat! I hope you enjoy a very special day of celebration...playing and flying about the house with Steeler; singing your heart out; being loved and pampered to pieces by your loving family! Lots of love, gentle cuddles and wee kisses to you, beautiful Rocky, our very special and most deserving Pet of the Day, EVERY day!!! Love to Steeler and all of your Finch friends too!

SO beautiful!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Congratulations, Rocky, on being POTD! You are gorgeous, precious, adorable, brilliant, darling and Heaven-sent! (We birds!) We feel so badly that you were picked on and are missing feathers. We hope all your beautiful feathers grow back in and that your life is fun and happy every day with your pal, Steeler. Sending all best wishes for a continued happy, healthy, fun, safe life, Sweetie! XOXO

Our precious rescued Lil Peeps: http://www.guineapigsrfun.net/275827546

What a beautiful Zebra Finch you are Delightful Rocky.

I am sorry you were picked, but ever since Steeler came things have been better.

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana