Dearest Tanner, what a beautiful guy you are! Your fur color is so pretty and so unusual, a very pale orange or almost grey tabby pattern, and it looks so soft, too! And what a sweet face you have, with that slightly-darker nose and those lovely big golden eyes. You're so cute curled up in your favorite box there, gazing straight up at me. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Salem, OR to pet you, and pet your dear litter-mate brother Cider, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you both for me .

And what a delightful story you have to tell. You and Cider adopted your Furrrever family when you were just two months old! Now you're both ten years old. You love to squeeze your ten pounds of gorgeous cat flesh into any available box, large or small. You've been trained to walk with a harness ever since you were a kitten. Annoying (to your dear Purrrsons) pastimes include meowing for food and nipping twelve-pound Cider.

You love your snacks of cat food, and maybe a bit of peaches is okay?... but it sounds like you should avoid raisins and grapes, EXTREMELY toxic for cats. We really don't want you to become seriously ill! You and Cider and your Purrrsons all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Tanner, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Cider and Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats, maybe just stick to cat treats!