Thread: Princess

Princess

Last night, the pretty Princess passed away. That night, she didn't want any food or water, and she was just lying down in random places in the house. But she did purr when I petted her. She was 17 years old. I know that's not as old as other cats have lived, but it's still a pretty long time. I'm sure we'll miss her, having had her for so long.

Hitotsu no gengo wa keshite jūbun de wa nai. - One language is never enough.

Aww, our condolences, she was a beauty and a loved girl.
    I've Been Frosted

Rest in peace dear Princess.

Dear JALB, I am so sorry to learn of the passing of your precious pretty Princess. She lived a good long life with you and your family, full of love and warmth and good food, with people who treasure her and she treasures all the way along. You all have shared wonderful times and experiences, haven't you! My deepest sympathy to you and your family and all who love Princess and grieve her and miss her. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you some comfort.

Now Princess is a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, whole and healthy again, playing with so many other beloved Angels. She is with you always, watching over you and sending down love. You will be together again, One Fine Day...

Dearest Princess Angel, your beloved JALB and family all love you and miss you so very much. Please send some Angelic purrrs to their hearts to reassure them that all is well, you are with them always, and you will all be together again, One Fine Day...

Last edited by phesina; 06-20-2020 at 07:00 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh, I am sorry to learn this news. I remember your beautiful Princess.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am so sorry.

She will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Thank you all, for your consoling words. I wish I could post some pictures. I have lots of them (over 2500). That's of both Princess and Duchess, though, not just Princess. I remember one picture in particular, in which Princess had a bouncy ball on her head, and did not look happy about it! And another similar picture, in which she had an empty fruit snack bag on her head. She was actually pretty tolerant most of the time, and often didn't care much how you held her, or what you did to her.

When we lived in a neighborhood, she used to like to go for walks on her harness. One summer day I walked her all around the duck pond, and when we got back, she was panting almost like a dog, poor cat! Of course we made sure she had plenty of water to drink.

Another day, long ago, my little brother decided it would be a good idea to close her in the closet! He was pretty little then, so I don't hold it against him. Though I was mad at him at the time...

Also my brother took a picture of her once, when she had been sleeping, and she sure didn't look too happy about being woken up!

She used to have an Easter basket that had lost its handle, that she liked to curl up in, and in which she barely fit. I called her "The Basketful of Cuteness" when she was in it.

I'm sure I have a lot more memories that I'm just not remembering at the moment. I hope you don't think I've talked too much. But I often think I don't talk enough on here. So many of you just find so much to say, and I feel like I can't keep up.

Also Princess (and most of the cats we've had since Princess and Duchess) have been "whistle-trained", as in, they will come when you whistle. We taught her this over many years of associating the whistling with food, and now that's just the way that we call cats. Princess was also (more or less) trained to stand up on her hind legs for a food reward. I just had to hold the food up above her head, and up she'd go!

Once when I was in a music band, our teacher wrote a short little song about Princess and Duchess. I don't remember all the words now, it was so long ago, but part of it was about "when the smell of tuna wafts high", or something like that.

This one is about Duchess, but I still want to tell it. Duchess used to really LOOOOVE hardboiled egg yolks, and whenever I peeled a hardboiled egg, she was sure to be nearby, eagerly awaiting the yolk!

RIP Princess. Run healthy and free over the Rainbow Bridge. Say hi to my cat guy Poppy who also passed away at age 17.