Thread: New account, new marriage, new life

New account, new marriage, new life

Hi there, I wanted to come back, but wasn't really sure of my old username or password, so figured I'd create a new one. It's been a long time actually. I think my old name was JennLibrarian, that's what I used for a lot of things, but so much has changed, I figured might as well start over as I have with many things. I retired early from teaching, due to health issues (depression and anxiety and shattering my right leg/ankle/both feet. It took forever to heal from the fall in 2013, and I still hurt, and cannot jump, skip, or run. I do walk, and I bought a bike for low impact exercise, just need to get a decent seat and the tires fixed.

I also left Allentown, PA back in 2015. I lost my house to foreclosure, due to the fact that I just could not support myself and my mortgage on my retirement/short term disability. I moved back closer to my parents, which has been nice, but sometimes, a pain, lol. I live in a really lovely mobile home court, and am enjoying the countryside, but still miss the amenities of the city. There is such a lack of variety of ethnic foods, and places to shop. I guess the peace and quiet, and lack of violence that was happening in the city is a fair trade off tho.

I also got MARRIED!! NOT to Dave, the idiot I was dating way back when. He and I are still friends, but I met a man last year, we bonded really quickly, and we married this Feb. 13th, at the JP. My father loves him, my mother does not approve.... then again, what did she approve of?? Nothing. Our relationship has kind of parted ways, but I needed to put my foot down and let her know that I am my own person, and at 50 years old, I don't need her approval to do things anymore. She liked to do that, and make me miserable, so I'm feeling like a happier person.

I'm on new depression/bipolar meds, and just started a brand new add on this week, called Vraylar. It's only been a few days, but I feel a difference. My last add on was not expressly for bipolar, and this one is. I'm happy with the change. I have a new doctor too. My last one was suspended for ethics issues.... ugh. So it took some time finding a new doctor that accepted my insurance and one I bonded with. I'm hoping for things to go smoother than they did before.

I still have kitties, but I don't foster any longer. I don't have the room for that in my mobile home. My husband brought his kitten with him, her name is Jiah, and she's about 9months old right now. She rules the roost too, lol. My boys all run from her. I lost 4 kitties within 9 months back between 2016 and 2017, so it was really a tough time emotionally. They were all elderly, but of course that didn't make it any easier. I still have Milo and Kitten, but my new boys are Linus and Gentle Ben. Ben lives up to his full name. He is a love, and I'm so happy I rescued him and took him in. I'll post pictures later on when I am on my phone.

I hope everyone is well, and I can't wait to read about all your pets again! I'm on facebook too, on the PetTalk group, Jennie Lynn Gundaker, if anyone wants to friend me on there. I miss the comraderie or however it's spelled, that was on this site. I don't have many friends or anything, I keep to myself, but it's better this way. I don't like drama and theatrics, so I'm a happier person!

Take care, and hope to hear from you all!

Welcome back! I can combine this account with your old one if you;d like, that way you get to keep all your old posts, and your post count, but now under your new name!
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome back, Jennie! I remember you from before. How nice to "see" you again and to learn about your wonderful new life. Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing more.

All the best to you and Jiah and Milo and Kitten and Linus and Gentle Ben and your husband!

Cheers!
    - Pat

Purrrs!
    - Galaxy and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Welcome back!! So lovely to hear from the folks I knew ten years back ( oh yea, it's been ten years!)
    Was just going through old profiles and came across your JennLibrarian one as well :'D and then came across this post. Coincidence? I think not!
    Congrats on your marriage! Wishing you best of health and love to the kitties. So many changes, so much has happened. Best wishes and prayers!
    I completely agree, miss the busy Pettalk and the camaraderie as you said. I've barely logged in since a while too, so it's nice seeing old members' posts especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Welcome back! I can combine this account with your old one if you;d like, that way you get to keep all your old posts, and your post count, but now under your new name!
    That would be fantastic Karen!! I didn't realize I was so long winded when I posted, lol. I've always talked too much, lol. It's nice to be back!! 😀

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Welcome back, Jennie! I remember you from before. How nice to "see" you again and to learn about your wonderful new life. Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing more.

All the best to you and Jiah and Milo and Kitten and Linus and Gentle Ben and your husband!

Cheers!
    - Pat

Purrrs!
    - Galaxy and Sparkler
    Oh Pat!! So great to see you again too!! I really missed reading and talking with old friends, as I do think of everyone from here as a friend.
    Life has changed so much, some good, some not so good, but it is all ok. We live and learn and adjust to life.

Take care, and hope to hear from you soon!!
    Jennie

Quote Originally Posted by jennielynn1970 View Post
    That would be fantastic Karen!! I didn't realize I was so long winded when I posted, lol. I've always talked too much, lol. It's nice to be back!! 
    I did that, so you will see your post count is back. Welcome home, again!

Since you have been gone, my life has had dramatic changes as well. I lost Paul, and then his mom (and her two brothers, Paul's uncles) all in three years. I then moved to Vermont, have a small farm, a partner on the farm named Kermit who is a bird researcher/expert/lover and many many animals, from peafowl, geese, ducks, many kinds of special chickens and more to two camelids, two donkeys and now a baby water buffalo!
    I've Been Frosted

Hi Jennie, nice to see you back here! There are not many of the oldies left. I rarely post myself, since I lost Fister.

Congratulations on getting married… to a nice guy this time. And you moved, too. That’s a lot of things happening. I hope your health issues will be solved and everything will go smooth.

I’m so sorry you lost four kitties in such a short period, but glad you have some new ones. It may be difficult to post pics of them, most of us can’t anymore. If you mail some to Karen, she may put them up for you.

Best of luck with your new life!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I did that, so you will see your post count is back. Welcome home, again!

Since you have been gone, my life has had dramatic changes as well. I lost Paul, and then his mom (and her two brothers, Paul's uncles) all in three years. I then moved to Vermont, have a small farm, a partner on the farm named Kermit who is a bird researcher/expert/lover and many many animals, from peafowl, geese, ducks, many kinds of special chickens and more to two camelids, two donkeys and now a baby water buffalo!
    Oh my goodness!! I'm glad life is on the mend. I'm living close to the farm where I grew up. My father is fine with the marriage, my mother is not. She's actually really rude to my husband. I'm not sure how to handle her sometimes. I did put my foot down and was like, either you're at least polite to him, or you've lost me. I'm done with her being bossy and rude. I love my dad, he's tolerant and accepting. John is good to me.

What is a camelid? I love living in the country. I love my parents' farm, but I was not made to be a farmer, lol. I'm not made for hard work like that, or getting dirty lol. You have a baby water buffalo?! That's wild!! It's good to hear from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Hi Jennie, nice to see you back here! There are not many of the oldies left. I rarely post myself, since I lost Fister.

Congratulations on getting married… to a nice guy this time. And you moved, too. That’s a lot of things happening. I hope your health issues will be solved and everything will go smooth.

I’m so sorry you lost four kitties in such a short period, but glad you have some new ones. It may be difficult to post pics of them, most of us can’t anymore. If you mail some to Karen, she may put them up for you.

Best of luck with your new life!
    It's good to hear from you!! We can't post pics any more?? Hm.... that's a bummer. I don't want to create more work for Karen. I remember so many old names. It's a shame the oldies aren't around any longer.

Oh my goodness!! I'm glad life is on the mend. I'm living close to the farm where I grew up. My father is fine with the marriage, my mother is not. She's actually really rude to my husband. I'm not sure how to handle her sometimes. I did put my foot down and was like, either you're at least polite to him, or you've lost me. I'm done with her being bossy and rude. I love my dad, he's tolerant and accepting. John is good to me.

What is a camelid? I love living in the country. I love my parents' farm, but I was not made to be a farmer, lol. I'm not made for hard work like that, or getting dirty lol. You have a baby water buffalo?! That's wild!! It's good to hear from you!
    Camelid - members of the camel family. In this case, a rescue alpaca named Teddy, and Kritter the Wazilla - half llama, half alpaca.

And yep - Boo is newly arrived, but growing every day!
    I've Been Frosted

It's good to hear from you!! We can't post pics any more?? Hm.... that's a bummer. I don't want to create more work for Karen. I remember so many old names. It's a shame the oldies aren't around any longer.
    You can still post pictures, some operating systems have trouble with it, but not all. At some point, when time and money will permit will upgrade the software so everyone should be able to again.
    I've Been Frosted

You can still post pictures, some operating systems have trouble with it, but not all. At some point, when time and money will permit will upgrade the software so everyone should be able to again.
    Remind me again how to post pics??

14. Quote Originally Posted by jennielynn1970 View Post
    Remind me again how to post pics??
    Welcome back

use https://imgur.com/ or https://postimages.org/ to upload your picture to. once youve uploaded it you should see something like (the [img]http: etc etc thing will be different for you) copy that whole thing an than paste it into your post
    Last edited by Vette; 06-16-2020 at 08:59 PM.