Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Best Buffalo - was "The Newest Baby"

I like Boo's overcoat! This has been such a cold and snowy month- a fellow needs an extra layer. (I'd be glad to sit down somewhere and make a lap for Boo)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I like Boo's overcoat! This has been such a cold and snowy month- a fellow needs an extra layer. (I'd be glad to sit down somewhere and make a lap for Boo)
    Only Boo's head would fit in your lap, or maybe two hooves, trust me! But he'd appreciate the attention anyway!
    I've Been Frosted

3. Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Aww, thank you! And yes, he is getting accustomed to his halter - it's hard finding one that fits his head shape, but we manage!
    I bet
    i remember having to shop around for my miniature horse that i had as a kid. for starters everything i found was way too big for him until i finally found a feed store that sold halters in foal sizes an finally found one that fit

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    I bet
    i remember having to shop around for my miniature horse that i had as a kid. for starters everything i found was way too big for him until i finally found a feed store that sold halters in foal sizes an finally found one that fit
    Yeah - his coat is way too long for him, but it fits him should to tail, and fits his girth, so the extra length just has to look silly. But it keeps him warm and that's what counts. And he is still growing, so this will fit for a while!
    I've Been Frosted

5. Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yeah - his coat is way too long for him, but it fits him should to tail, and fits his girth, so the extra length just has to look silly. But it keeps him warm and that's what counts. And he is still growing, so this will fit for a while!
    At least ya found something that works

my mom made our own mini horse blanket by taking a old fleece blanket an sewing on a couple of straps into it to tie it on him. it worked pretty well for quite a while. then it got super dirty an i think she threw it away instead of wanting to mess with washing it LOL

How is your weather, Karen? I just heard on the news that we should be breaking freezing in Chicagoland over the weekend. But more wet and heavy snow on Sunday, unfortunately.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Hi, Boo the best buffalo! It's getting cold out in Chicago and I was thinking of these pictures of you in your winter coat

Hi, Boo the best buffalo! It's getting cold out in Chicago and I was thinking of these pictures of you in your winter coat
    Aww, he is a teenager now, we have not yet put his winter coat on him for the season, but will be. He is being teenager-ish and behaving badly sometimes, we are going to have to get him a nose ring, as he knows he is already too big for us to try to convince him of anything if he doesn't want to. It will be interesting to take new pictures in that coat and see the difference!
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, how is Boo the best buffalo?

Karen, how is Boo the best buffalo?
    He is good. Huge, sometimes naughty, but still a handsome and much loved boy, and thee object of lots of tourists staring gazes!
    I've Been Frosted

11. sounds like someones done grown up!

looking at his baby pictures made me smile all over again