Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Best Buffalo - was "The Newest Baby"

The Best Buffalo - was "The Newest Baby"

As promised in the other thread, we have a new baby at the farm is name is Bubalis Bugaloo Harbinger, and he is a baby Water Buffalo!

He was driven up from North Carolina in the back of our Honda CRV, at a few days shy of his two month birthday. His call name is simply Boo. He is being quarantined for two weeks, tries to nurse on my skirt, and is gonna be a big strong guy some day, and help clear vegetation from the brook and pond bankings, and someday sire babies.

The gosling are holding steady at 9 - we have only lost two of the 11 Winnie hatched, and the bigger they get - and they are growing sooo quickly - the less vulnerable they are.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boo best 700.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	382.5 KB 
ID:	62652   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boo at the window700.jpg 
Views:	843 
Size:	275.1 KB 
ID:	62653  
    I've Been Frosted

Beautiful Boo!

How precious!!! Oh, that face!!! Welcome home, Bubalis Bugaloo Harbinger, a.k.a. Boo, most adorable 300 lb baby Water Buffalo ever! But at this rate, you really, really need to trade in that Honda CRV for a truck!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

AWWWWWwwwwwwwww!!! You're ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!! Just look at that sweet face!

Welcome HOME, Bubalis Bugaloo Harbinger, a.k.a. Boo! We're looking forward to seeing more great photos and learning all about you as you grow!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

He's a real cutie pie!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    How precious!!! Oh, that face!!! Welcome home, Bubalis Bugaloo Harbinger, a.k.a. Boo, most adorable 300 lb baby Water Buffalo ever! But at this rate, you really, really need to trade in that Honda CRV for a truck!

Hee hee - yeah, but I spend so much time, and travel so many miles, and pick-ups get awful gas mileage. Every one I looked at did. We have friends and neighbors with trucks we can usually borrow when necessary, and of course large animal vets do make barn calls around here!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh my goodness, hello, Boo, water buffalo! How did you wind up in North Carolina and end up making your way north, I wonder? I read on the National Geographic Web site that water buffaloes can grow as tall as 5 to 6 feet, and that they are powerful animals! I imagine you will be a good ambassador for your species, especially with the kids! I agree with my friend phesina: "We're looking forward to seeing more great photos and learning all about you as you grow!!!"
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I hope to see more pictures as he grow up.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Oh my goodness, hello, Boo, water buffalo! How did you wind up in North Carolina and end up making your way north, I wonder? I read on the National Geographic Web site that water buffaloes can grow as tall as 5 to 6 feet, and that they are powerful animals! I imagine you will be a good ambassador for your species, especially with the kids! I agree with my friend phesina: "We're looking forward to seeing more great photos and learning all about you as you grow!!!"

He was born to Fading D farms in North Carolina, friends of Kermit's - we almost got an older boy from them last fall, but weren't ready for him physically yet when winter hit. Kermit has had water buffalo here in Vermont before, and wants to eventually have enough to make buffalo mozzarella again, but that's years away! In the part of Africa some of Kermit's family is from, they are pretty common, and beloved, family members.
    I've Been Frosted

9. Hes super cute

Awwww that second picture is sooooo cute!!
    Congrats with your new "baby"!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Here's a recent picture of him - you can see how his horns are already growing!

And here's the newest clutch, hatched by Trier, the brown (African) goose. They include one Chinese gosling, one duckling, and three gosling that are probably from her eggs!

I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Cuter than anything, ever! Thank you!

AWWWWwwwwwww!!! So beautiful, all of them.

Thanks, Karen! Loving good wishes to all.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    I just saw Boo's baby picture for the first time just now. How could I have missed that me wonders 🙄😜 Cutest baby in the whole wide world!!

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    I just saw Boo's baby picture for the first time just now. How could I have missed that me wonders  Cutest baby in the whole wide world!!
    Pretty adorable, isn't he? And sooo sweet!
    I've Been Frosted