I'm putting this in the Dog House because I know everyone might not agree with me. I'm one of those "why can't we all just get along" types and feeling pretty hopeless right now.

I'm shaken by the death of Mr. Floyd up in Minnesota and the protests that turned ugly here in Chicago. There was a shooting at the shopping center where I hung out in high school with friends, and also had my first paying job ($3 an hour, 1984). The governor and the mayor of Chicago are doing what they can. I wonder if part of the problem was that everyone had sheltered in place since mid-March. This was like shaking a pop bottle and taking off the cap, things just blew up. I also wonder if there will be a spike in COVID cases in 2-3 weeks because the people at the protests were definitely not six feet apart and not all masked. They broke the windows of Macy's (formerly Marshall Field's) on State Street, which is a Chicago landmark. I've had a pretty sheltered life, except for the times I've worked in downtown Chicago with people of different races and ethnicities. But I'm a nurse, so every life matters to me. Whether you're white, black, brown, or orange with purple stripes I'm still going to care for you and care about you. That's all I got, I just don't know what else to say.

Thanks,
Elyse