Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts in the Dog House

What I find endlessly entertaining is that a 'reality show host' beat a 'polished politician' not in the popular vote, but in the electoral college.

Does this mean that anyone who went to electoral college will get their student loans forgiven?

I keep voting for Pat Paulsen. This is his year!!

----------------------

"Assuming the Left Wing or the Right Wing gained control of the country, it would fly around in circles"

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself - except the boogieman"
    - P Paulsen.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Blog Entries
    Well, my husband finds agent orange endlessly entertaining as well. Unfortunately all I ever feel is offended, repulsed and still shocked. Even after all the absurd, perverse theatrics, Donald Trump still manages to shock me, what an imbecile. Oops, couldn't help it, sorry.

You aren't the only one...
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

A prayer request

My mom fell on Friday and broke her right hip (actually her right femur). She had a partial hip replacement on Saturday and is going to a rehab unit today. My dad has been able to visit a couple of times, but it wears him out. We're also dealing with the COVID19 visitor restrictions (which really suck, please pardon the bad language). So- if you could please think a good thought or say a little prayer for my mom (Shirley)- that would be appreciated more than you know.

Thank you so much,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dear Elyse, we're sending prayers and loving good thoughts and warm healing energies to your dear mom Shirley, and to your dad and you too.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Blog Entries
    Sending love and healing thoughts to Shirley, Dad and cassiesmom 🌈💕💐

Prayers on the way.
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Karen, mon and phesina! My mom went to the hospital's rehabilitation unit yesterday. She had a very full day today with lots of therapy work. I was worried yesterday when I got there, but after today I know that her going to rehab was the right next step. I would take her place in a moment if I could.

Thank you again,
    Elyse

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Blog Entries
    Aww, of course you'd take your Mamas place. You need to be right where you are and who you are. Feeling powerless is an awful feeling but you are doing far more than you know and all your love and caring is priceless 🌈⭐️👍🏿💕

Blog Entries
    Been doing walks to get some exercise lately and I love my community, but lately I've been noticing some disturbing behaviour. Some dog owners pick up the dog poo to impress other walkers, then....they chuck the bag of dog sh*t in people's yard. Right in the freakin' bushes. REALLY!! Just venting, SO gross and stupid. Who the heck is suppose to pick that s*it up??? Peeps suck sometimes. Really!! They got the pooch, they got the bag, you think they could figure out how to dispose of the crap eh🙈 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♂️

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    My mom fell on Friday and broke her right hip (actually her right femur). She had a partial hip replacement on Saturday and is going to a rehab unit today. My dad has been able to visit a couple of times, but it wears him out. We're also dealing with the COVID19 visitor restrictions (which really suck, please pardon the bad language). So- if you could please think a good thought or say a little prayer for my mom (Shirley)- that would be appreciated more than you know.

Thank you so much,
    Elyse
    Best wishes to you mom and your dad.
    The visitor restrictions are a PITA, but it's all done for a good reason.

I wanted to post this separately.

I went downtown on an errand today and saw all the boarded up windows to all the businesses near my destination.

'peaceful protests'?

Yea, right.

I lived in Lost Angeles at the time of the riots there and walked into my mom's house.

She had the TV on and was watching the coverage and crying.

I asked her what she was going on about and she was upset that people looting and burning down their neighborhoods.

She said something like "these people don't know what they have and what they are doing...."

Hmmmm.

Interesting thoughts.

My mom was like that - she brought me up to appreciate the things I took for granted.

-----------

The glass on the Walgreen's that I use is still boarded up and every time I walk thru that door it reminds me of some jerk who decided to break in to get some drugs (HAHAHA they were arrested across the street trying to break into the beauty salon).

So, If you have a chance to go into your town and look at all the storefronts that are boarded up and have some sign with platitudes on how they 'stand' with FN idiots who only want to destroy what other people have?

Realize they don't care about you, your support or safety.

------------

I read an article on line and the person being interviewed said "People do not like chaos" regarding the foolery going on here in the country

No, most of us don't.

As my dad used to say, "People are looking for three legs on the cat, but they will find four....."

And to add to that thought? Teeth, fangs and claws, too.

Those are the people that will show up at the ER looking for stitches and complaining about how mean the cat was.

Feline Power. all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post

Thank you so much,
    Elyse
    Quick update: Mom is home from rehab and doing better. She scared the daylights out of me today. I was looking out the window because their townhouse buildings are being painted. When I turned around she had stood up and was heading to the bathroom with her walker! We had agreed that she would tell my dad or me before she started walking, so we could walk with her. (She kinda forgot) I had to move quickly to catch up, but she did pretty well. So we're headed in a good direction. Thank you again for praying and thinking good thoughts!

Blog Entries
    That's just the best news, so good to hear!❤️

Wonderful news, Elyse! I'm so glad your mom is doing better and there was no scary outcome to her solo walk.

Continued loving good wishes and warm strengthening energies to Mom, and you and Dad, too!

Death thought about it.