Thread: My annual update

My annual update

Hello All,
    Some of you may remember me, mom to Franklin and Princess Chelsea Pearl. I’m happy to report both kitties are still with me and doing well in spite of their health issues. Franklin has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and is a fat, sassy, and happy boy who just turned 13. His vet says she has never seen a kitty with this condition live this long and be this healthy. I just count each day I have him as a blessing. Chelsea was diagnosed a few months ago with the double whammy of hyperthyroidism and kidney disease. She is being treated with medication that is applied to the inside of her ear flap. She tolerates it, especially since that’s when she gets her favorite treats. She is probably close to 14, has gained back a little of the weight she lost and seems to be improving. It’s so hard to watch them age so I just focus on how happy they seem to be and try to spoil them as much as possible.
    Anyway, that’s what’s happening here. Now, I have to read a bunch of posts here so I can get caught up with going on with the Cat Talk crew...
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Glad your senior kittizens are doing well despite their medical issues. I am sure they are happy to be with someone who cares!
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Diane, so nice to "see" you! I'm glad your kitties are doing well. They are precious, aren't they.

Good idea, spoiling them as much as possible!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Glad to know your kitties are doing well!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana