Thread: Too many lost over the last few years

Too many lost over the last few years

The last few years have not been kind when it comes to me and cats. I don't know if anyone remembers Malachi and Phinehas, but they passed fairly close together. They were so sweet and loved each other so much!

Phinehas

Malachi

I also lost Freya to feline diabetes (it's NOT an easy condition to treat as I was once led to believe) and after Freya I was so traumatized that I convinced myself I wouldn't get any more cats.
    Freya was a beauty with such a personality that everyone loved. Even in her last few months when she was at the emergency vet so often, they let her roam the office as she hated being in a cage! She had a big personality!

My husband is currently working a job in another state, so I'm essentially a "single mother" at this point. I managed to live without a kitty for 8 months and then the person who had given me Freya came to me and said she had two kitties that needed homes. One was only 1 year old and the other was a "middle aged chubby cat". I was like...of course! So, in August of last year, I brought home Beira and Gwen.

Sadly, Beira passed from FIP, so I was just barely getting to know her. She was only One - FIP tends to get the young ones

Gwen is now the sole princess of the house. She's SO soft! Her sweet personality and purring is certainly comforting.

So, in memory of my sweet kitties: Malachi, Phinehas, Freya and Beira, mommy misses you all

That is beyond heartbreaking. I remember Malachi and Phineas. Phineas was quite a character, wasn't he?

I think I remember Freya. My one cat Cole has had diabetes for many years. Fortunately, his is easy to treat.

I am so sorry for all your losses and pain. With Gwen - who is delightfully chunky - I suspect you have a thing for Meezer type cats! They are very special and very loyal - and TALKATIVE!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What beautiful creatures! So much love here!

I'm so very sorry about your losses of your precious friends. They are at the Rainbow Bridge now, whole and healthy again and with you always, sending down love with Angelic purrrs and reminding you they will welcome you Home, One Fine Day...

Last edited by phesina; 04-14-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thanks for the kind words. I am struggling quite a lot emotionally, especially since the loss of my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Phineas was quite a character, wasn't he?

... I suspect you have a thing for Meezer type cats! They are very special and very loyal - and TALKATIVE!
    I do!! I just love their purrsonalities. They are great social cats. It has been nice having company, especially with my husband working a project out of state.

Yes, Phinehas was my first experience with the oriental breed. I fell in love with them because of him! He was very smart and definitely a character. I'll never forget when I first brought him home, I lived in an apartment with my boyfriend (now husband) at the time. I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Trying not to wake myself up, I didn't turn on any lights. I stumbled to the bathroom and closed the door. Shortly after, the door handle started to turn and I was like "I'm in here!" thinking it was my boyfriend. The door flies open and there's Phinehas! I laughed and was like..."privacy please!"

This picture always makes me laugh!

So sorry for your losses. I just lost my cat Carson to cancer April 4. My heart breaks and I know your heart does also for your dear cats. May warm memories of them all help us through.