Thread: Don't be afraid to try pine litter!

Don't be afraid to try pine litter!

I thought I would post about pine litter here in case anyone has ever thought about it, but was unsure. I've had cats since I was a kid - we used the clay litter before the clumping stuff came out. I've used the clumping for years now. I recently took in a middle-aged retired show cat who was used to using pine litter. At first I was hesitant and thought about transitioning her over to the clumping, but since I brought her home and have used this litter....I'm amazed at how there is absolutely NO smell!! I picked her up at a cat show in Ohio and when I was talking to show goers, they all mostly use this litter. One show goer even told me that all I had to do was fill the box at the beginning of the week - and then empty it at the end of the week and refill it and start again!! I was skeptical, but she was right!

It does take some getting used to if you're more familiar with the clumping stuff. Sometimes I still scoop out the tootsie rolls, since they sit on top, just for aesthetic purposes, but overall I'm stunned at the lack of smell - even after several days! I'm totally all for the pine pellets now!!

Thank you! That's really good to know.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Great to know about that. In addition, pine litter is better than traditional clay litters for cats with allergies or other sensitivities because it is natural and low dust.