I thought I would post about pine litter here in case anyone has ever thought about it, but was unsure. I've had cats since I was a kid - we used the clay litter before the clumping stuff came out. I've used the clumping for years now. I recently took in a middle-aged retired show cat who was used to using pine litter. At first I was hesitant and thought about transitioning her over to the clumping, but since I brought her home and have used this litter....I'm amazed at how there is absolutely NO smell!! I picked her up at a cat show in Ohio and when I was talking to show goers, they all mostly use this litter. One show goer even told me that all I had to do was fill the box at the beginning of the week - and then empty it at the end of the week and refill it and start again!! I was skeptical, but she was right!

It does take some getting used to if you're more familiar with the clumping stuff. Sometimes I still scoop out the tootsie rolls, since they sit on top, just for aesthetic purposes, but overall I'm stunned at the lack of smell - even after several days! I'm totally all for the pine pellets now!!