Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Old" member re-introduction + new cat

"Old" member re-introduction + new cat

Hi Pet Talk!!
    I'm an "old" member from way back when, so I thought I would re-introduce myself and my new kitty! So much has changed since I last posted. I used to live in CA, but moved back to my home state of Indiana in 2009. I brought my CA job with me and work from home, so it has been a blessing now with all the Covid craziness and lock downs going on! For me, it's business as usual (for working anyway).
    I have an 8 year old little girl named Sylvia who loves kitties as much as I do! I've had several kitties in the past, but recent years haven't been so kind. I lost 4 in the last few years alone I told myself that I wouldn't get any more as the pain was too hard - especially with my last one. I went about 8 months and my house just seemed so empty without a kitty. I brought two kitties home in August and unfortunately one of them passed from FIP I'm down to one kitty who is lapping up all the attention and being queen of her domain. Her name is Gwen and she's a retired Bluepoint Balinese and is 9 years old. She was very scared when I first brought her home in August and hid so well I began to wonder if she had somehow escaped from the house. Turns out, she was just really good at hiding. She slowly came out and built her trust with me and Sylvia. She has been moved around several homes and the last home was just too boisterous for her. There were loud teenagers and dogs and she only would come out at night when things were quiet, so it was mutually decided between her original breeder mom and the family that she be re-homed. I'm a pretty quiet and laid back person, so her breeder mom thought I would be a good choice. I'm so glad I did as she has really opened up her personality and is quite sweet. She tolerates Sylvia picking her up and carrying her around.

Don't remember how to post pictures. I tried inserting a picture, but nothing happened.

Welcome back!
    I've Been Frosted

3. Hello an welcome back

to post pictures try using https://imgur.com/ or https://postimages.org/
    to upload your pictures an just paste the link between the [IMG] tags. (i'll explain more in a different post if you need. im pretty brain fried at the moment)

glad to hear you braved letting another kitty into your heart! she sounds like a real gem

after my late dog passed i thought i wouldnt get another dog but 6months later along came a chihuahua. she was supposed to be my moms dog but she ended up choosing me instead. im glad she did; i would be so very lost without her.

Hi, Welcome back
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Hi Karen… I remember you! In fact, I have a few photos you’re in from Gini’s BBQ. Some are in my album, and I have more.

I’m sorry you have lost four cats in such a short period. I lost Fister in 2013. It was very hard, but you know all about that.

So, since last you had a baby who is now 8 years old - wow! Of course she loved kitties. And now you have Gwen. It sounds as if she has finally settled in with you, after living in too noisy homes. I’m so glad to hear it.

It’s a shame that most of us can’t post pictures anymore, but hopefully it will get fixed. I would love to see more pictures of Gwen and your daughter Sylvia.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Hi!

Wow! Hi Karen!!! So nice to hear from an original Pet Talker after all this time! Thanks for the update! You have a Sylvia, hehe How wonderful!

So sorry about the loss of so many kitties. Yes, so hard to take the plunge again after so much loss, but Gwen was definitely meant to be yours and Sylvia's! Mutual "rescue!" I do hope you'll able to post some pics. Would love to see photos of Sylvia and Gwen. Unfortunately the photo posting function, via the site, hasn't worked in quite some time. Try Vette's link!

Well, please keep us updated, Karen. Miss the old times and long time members! And stay safe!!!
    XO

Sandra~

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Karen, welcome back! It's so nice to "see" you again and be introduced to your daughter Sylvia and kitty Gwen! I'm so sorry about your losses, but how good it is that Gwen is helping to fill the void. And you are providing the Purrrfect home for her to settle into. You all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Hoping to see photos some day. Whether or not, welcome HOME!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hello, Karen! Nice to see you again!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh my gosh, you guys! It was nice to "see" many names I remember too! Thanks for the kind words.

Randi, so sorry about Fister. He was one of my favorites! I really miss Gini. Those BBQs were such fun!

Trying out Vette's idea:

This is Sylvia and Gwen

During quarantine, what do you do? Take pictures of your daughter and cat, of course! I thought this picture was funny because Gwen has that look of "help me" on her pleading face! She adores Sylvia though, so is pretty tolerant of all the loving she gets!

So far 2020 has not been very kind. I suddenly and unexpectedly lost my dad. He was my best friend, so I'm not coping very well. It's times like these that I'm thankful I have a kitty again. Gwen sits in my lap and purrs and it's very calming. After my dad died, this Corona thing hit fast!! Scary how fast we all went into lock down. Too bad we can't return this 2020 trial and start again, huh?

**Hugs**
    Karen

Gwen is simply stunning! I love the Siamese face and the ears. Ears forever!

I am so sorry to hear about your dad - and then the shutdown hitting so quickly! HUGS

How did you put the image between the [IMG] tags? I can't find them.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Gwen is simply stunning! I love the Siamese face and the ears. Ears forever!

I am so sorry to hear about your dad - and then the shutdown hitting so quickly! HUGS

How did you put the image between the [IMG] tags? I can't find them.
    I'm a sucker for those big ears!

Thank you, I'm still not processing the loss well, so trying to keep busy and distract myself with fun things.

For the image, in the reply, I uploaded the picture to one of the URL's Vette suggested. Then, in my reply I type it between the "[IMG]url[/IMG]" tags and it worked!

Sylvia and Gwen, how sweet! (Though Gwen looks like she might have something to say about all that.)

I'm so sorry to learn about the loss of your Dad, your best friend. And now there's all this weird stuff going on.. I'm glad that Gwen is helping you in that special cat way, sitting in your lap and purring, and that it's so very calming, of course!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and
    from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

LOL she totally looks resigned, doesn't she? LOL

I always say "a purr is like a massage in sound" and it's so true! When I'm having a hard time, just petting her super soft fur and having her purr on my lap is definitely the right medicine.

Here's the queen in her domain:

Now that Gwen has gotten comfortable with us and has settled in, her appetite has increased. I took this picture the other day and started laughing....she's starting to look like a butterball!

Hello, gorgeous Gwen! I am so glad you are getting used to your new home!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678