Thread: Cole's cancer meds

Cole's cancer meds

Cole gets Palladia to keep his mast cell cancer in check. He alternates between 10mg and 15mg, every other day.

Zoetis Canada had a manufacturing error. The 15mg tabs have been backordered for several months and an email sent back to me from them said they had no idea when the tab would again be available.

So, the oncologist said we will give him the 10mg every other day until the 15mg is back.

I've ordered Transfer Factor Plus for him. I used it back in 2017 in the longish gap between surgery and the oncologist visit. His diabetes went into remission for a long time, starting before his chemo regimen. I figured it can't hurt to add it to the 10mg regimen.

The oncologist looked at it way back when and said there was nothing in it to interfere with the chemo.

I feel a bit better just having it in Cole's food. He'll eat it. He eats anything, my little Hoover kitty!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

It sounds like you have everything under control for Cole's treatment. Could you give him 1 and 1/2 tablets of the 10mg as a substitute for the 15mg tablet?
    I'm glad that he eats well.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    It sounds like you have everything under control for Cole's treatment. Could you give him 1 and 1/2 tablets of the 10mg as a substitute for the 15mg tablet?
    I'm glad that he eats well.
    No. Palladia cannot be cut or crushed. Apparently part of the problem with that is that any residual powder could be inhaled by me - and the stuff is cytotoxic.

I also think that any uncoated part of the med would be really hard on his digestive system.

Zoetis U.S. just finished their backorder problem.

I meant to add to my original post that when the vet was discussing initial blood results on the phone with me I mentioned trying to remember if thyroid meds fixed the kidney problem or vice versa. As she started to explain to me she said, "Boy, you know a lot of cat stuff!"
    I do ask questions of vets and am genuinely interested but I want to give a shout out to Pet Talk where I get tons of great information. I always double check with my vet, or course, but years ago when Oscar had idiopathic cystitis PT info saved Oscar from Prozac and got him Feliway instead. Thank you, Pet Talk!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Good work, Cole, with your great appetite! You and your dear Meowmie love each other very much, don't you. You are taking great care of each other!

Loads of good wishes and warm loving energies to you both and Oscar too, of course.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Galaxy and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Well done dear Cole. Continue to eat heartily. Lots of pets and scritches.

Looking forward to a speedy recovery.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and Cole.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana