Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foster puppies!

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    Good on you for doing this!
    so cute!

sorry to hear of the loss of the one an hope Vector pulls on through.

hows the mom dog doing?
    Mom dog is still at the shelter, working with the behaviorists on a shy dog milestone program. I haven't even been able to see a photo yet because she's so stressed and shut down. The behavior team there is AWESOME, and has been able to place semi-feral dogs in the right homes after extensive work before. Since mama is just shut down, not snappy, she has a good chance of coming around.

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    Mom dog is still at the shelter, working with the behaviorists on a shy dog milestone program. I haven't even been able to see a photo yet because she's so stressed and shut down. The behavior team there is AWESOME, and has been able to place semi-feral dogs in the right homes after extensive work before. Since mama is just shut down, not snappy, she has a good chance of coming around.
    Aww, that's great. We will keep the whole team in our prayers, and you and Vector as well!
    I've Been Frosted

3. Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    Good hear that shes in good hands it must be so confusing for her on top of everything else. poor mom dog

Today's pup-date: Still very stuffed up nose but she finally weighs over a pound! Eating like a piggy and sleeping like this...

Nebulizer treatments after meals seem to be helping a LOT so I upped them from ten minutes to twenty. Hopefully she can get all that gunk out in the next day or two. No eyes yet, though the left one has a distinct twinkle in the corner.

AWWWWwwwwww! How sweet! Good work, Vector and snakemama!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

6. So glad to hear she has a good appetite an finally weighs a solid pound

Today she is learning to play. Bedlam is a little rough and made her yelp with a paw poke, so I'm only allowing this in my lap for the moment until puppy is a little bigger. She also has tooth nubs that I can see under her gums but not feel yet, so I think I'll be introducing actual puppy food in the next few days, as she is showing interest in chewing her bottle.

AWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

She weighs 2 pounds today! Also she has started eating some of each meal out of a bowl. Blech. Weaning is my least favorite stage. It's everywhere!

AWWWWwwwwww, just look at that sweet face!

Death thought about it.

11. She looks so much better an stronger

Astrid is five weeks old and over three pounds now! She spends her days running around my living room for 20-30 minutes at a time and then crashing for several hours. I emailed the shelter yesterday about moving her to a different foster soon (My baby is due three weeks from today) and then sat down and ugly cried. It's not that I want to keep her, it's just...we've been through so much together. I'm not ready to see her go. The shelter has a LOT of families waiting for foster pups though, lots of lonely people isolated right now, so I know she'll be loved and spoiled. Hopefully they let me keep her another two weeks...

What a sweet picture! She's gonna make some family a great dog some day!
    I've Been Frosted

14. Precious! look at them pink toes

AWWWWwwwwww, again! She's more adorable every time!

Death thought about it.