Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Presenting the newest member of the family: Pimenta

Just a quick update: Pimenta is still growing, especially in self-confidence. She still comes out on the short end of the stick with Pantera's hardstyle training method, but no dog has a prayer with Pimenta. Even as an almost adult she is still nearly as vocal as a Siamese, never afraid to call for attention and/or play

AWWWwwwww! So beautiful, too!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

At fourteen months, Pimenta is still a growing teenager. She's still smaller/lankier than Pantera, but is beginning to bulk up. And the (c)attitude is growing even faster

AWWWWwwwwww!!!!! She's so beautiful!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

One tabby to another: MEOWWW!

6. Look at her hamming up the camera
    love her markings

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    Look at her hamming up the camera
    love her markings
    Yes, she sure is learning to love the camera Her markings are interesting: Superficially Pimenta is a classic/marbled tabby, but looking closely she's got a second tiger tabby pattern underneath. I call her a "double tabby"

Now at 17 months Pimenta is more or less at the end of her growth. While she looks small- she still looks to be less than a year old- Pantera's hardstyle training has put some muscle on her. She's quite heavy for her petite size, and weighs 3/3.5kg (say 8 or so pounds)

This photo makes Pimenta look chunky, she's still long and lanky as always. Here she's coiled like a spring, about to pounce

AWWWWWwwwwww!!! Pimenta, you're absolutely gorgeous!

Great photos, and thank you, Lucho. Of course, how could you miss with such a perfect model?!!!

Death thought about it.

9. Aw
    small but built to pack a punch
    an pose for the camera

Once again I haven't been around here at all due to real life. Here's an update: while it's mostly about Pantera's birthday, Pimenta has her part too. It seems she'll never really grow out of her kitten-ish aspect, but don't let it fool you. Pimenta is quite the athlete. At the same time she's got all the interpersonal skills that Pantera largely lacks (Pantera varies between intimidation and being aloof); Pimenta actually responds when you call her name by a light chirpy trill, and is quite vocal in general

I need to get organized: the wife has already pointed out that Pimenta still hasn't gotten her Cat of the day Pimenta's second birthday is coming, in the first week of September

Apologies to all, been so occupied with Real Life that I've been MIA around here...

At the beginning of this month of September, Pimenta celebrated her second birthday. Two years old already! She's still a kitten in heart as well as size: despite being physically small she weighs nearly four kg, or around 8.5-9lbs. She still looks like a kitten , but she's all muscle. And attitude

I love before and after photos. Here's Pimenta at barely four months old, and now a couple of months before turning 2 years old. What a difference!

Needless to say, we held a barbeque to celebrate her birthday. Pimenta and Pantera ate well: beef, pork, and chicken

Whoops, almost forgot to add this photo.

Beautiful shots of sweet Ms. Pimenta, and belated Happy Birthday wishes to her! Thank you, Lucho.

Death thought about it.

Even after two years of age Pimenta continues to grow. Even though it's mostly bulking up, she is now very nearly the same size and weight as Pantera She is a solid ball of muscle and fur. Funny thing: Pantera recently got her summer coat and looks a lot thinner, although her weight hasn't changed (4.6kg or 10lbs. 4oz. according to scale at the vet) but Pimenta didn't. As a result she looks fluffy next to Pantera

Beautiful photos! You're absolutely gorgeous, Pimenta!

Death thought about it.