Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
I think much of the problem is today's media goes even more for what used to be termed "yellow journalism" - sensationalizing stories, reducing everything to opinion and soundbites. That and the siloing effect some social media platforms promulgate.

A young woman I know tangentially (I helped edit her mother's book) was just stabbed repeatedly in her hometown of Las Vegas, apparently just because of her race. The woman called her the n-word over and over, as she slashed and stabbed her seven or eight times.

This young woman is not only a sweet, beautiful person, but she is a NURSE for heaven's sake. But that person did not see her kindness or her job description, or her strength of character, just her skin color. Please keep Yasmine in your prayers, the wounds are all superficial, but of course she is traumatized, frightened, and will likely end up with scars on her pretty face.
How horrible. Yasmine is in my prayers. I'm sending hugs and good wishes and healing energies to her, that her healing, physical and emotional and spiritual, will go well.