Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Covid-19 Observations

I got my first shot in mid-January, second shot last week.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    Store shelves here are looking much like they did in the very beginning with lots of empty fruits an veggie bins
    no toilet paper
    no rubbing alcohol or germ killing hand wipes etc
    tylenol an the likes are hard to find again
    dog food an treats are even more sparsely stocked then before. had to go to a different store to get my dogs kibble an even they had only 2bags of it so i bought both. they were both 14pound bags so theyll last quite a while an hopefully through this
    After all, goods continue to be produced, and there is a stock of them in warehouses, but here people seem to understand nothing at all. Like madmen they rake everything they can, then they throw out a lot of it, because they do not have time to eat. And other people, at the same time, do not have the opportunity to buy something they need. Society of the Mad, honestly.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Kay Burton View Post
    After all, goods continue to be produced, and there is a stock of them in warehouses, but here people seem to understand nothing at all. Like madmen they rake everything they can, then they throw out a lot of it, because they do not have time to eat. And other people, at the same time, do not have the opportunity to buy something they need. Society of the Mad, honestly.
    Indeed! its sad really

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    Indeed! its sad really
    Unfortunately, the idiocy of most people is noticeable only in such critical situations. It is at such moments that all the game comes out. I do not know what will cure these people of idiocy.

It seems to be a phenomenon that - when people get their vaccine - they feel compelled to post it on social media.

And I am bemused and a bit befuddled by companies' ways of encouraging vaccination. Krispy Kreme is offering a free donut a day with proof of vaccination ... So, you don;t get COVID, but get obese and unhealthy because of all the donuts? Hmmmm ....
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    It seems to be a phenomenon that - when people get their vaccine - they feel compelled to post it on social media.

And I am bemused and a bit befuddled by companies' ways of encouraging vaccination. Krispy Kreme is offering a free donut a day with proof of vaccination ... So, you don;t get COVID, but get obese and unhealthy because of all the donuts? Hmmmm ....
    If a person has a normal diet, then 1 donut a day for morning coffee will not affect his weight in any way. By receiving a free donut, you can adjust the portion eaten for breakfast in the direction of reducing the amount of food. So there is no need to dramatize. You need to properly treat your diet and eating habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Burton View Post
    If a person has a normal diet, then 1 donut a day for morning coffee will not affect his weight in any way. By receiving a free donut, you can adjust the portion eaten for breakfast in the direction of reducing the amount of food. So there is no need to dramatize. You need to properly treat your diet and eating habits.
    I know that - but how many people will do that, instead of just figuring, "It's free, the calories don't count!" That would be the normal reaction, I think!

I have never had a Krispy Kreme donut, and am not a big donut person in general, so no hazard for me there. Maybe I had enough of them at church coffee hours growing up?
    I've Been Frosted

With this quarantine, I will soon lose my mind. I have already tried so many different activities, but I cannot stop at one completely. Recently I have been creating furniture. So far, I've mastered simple furniture like shelves and racks. Of course, before assembling, I process the wood, and then I apply the topcoat. Recently my order came - Wagner Spraytech 0518080. With this device, the paint lays evenly and efficiently on any surface.

Blog Entries
    You’re not losing your mind. What exactly do you long to do so much? Pretty sure you’ll be able to resume it...whatever that profoundly awsome activity is that you miss.

Blog Entries
    I had to google “befuddled” either get vaccinated or don’t. REALLY! If the only reason you get vaccinated to prevent getting the Covid virus is because you get one free donut...there needs to be no more conversation. Get a life people🤣🤣🙄

Blog Entries
    Donuts range between 150 to 400 hundred calories. They have no nutritional value. If you add that to your normal diet, depending on your age, metabolism and other factors.... you could easily gain weight and become obese because of the additional calories over time. Donuts have no nutritional value whatsoever because the main ingredients are white sugar, bleached flour and veg oil, then they are deep fried. Maybe as a treat every few months , if one is so inclined would they be a reasonable option health wise. They are a very poor choice as a food. Fruit, whole grain toast, eggs, porridge, granola are far better choices at any age. Health begins with nutrition and positive choices and is so very important to human beings and our pets. I would like to think people would take the time to think about how to take care of their minds and bodies. 🌈🦾💕👍🏿

Blog Entries
    It’s irritating to me that people aren’t sure what to put into their bodies. One would think that if you are a human being and have access to the internet that you could at least attempt to figure out what is healthy for both yourself and your family. Allergies and intolerances aside of course, a clean diet is delicious and makes your body happy. Fruits, vegetables, dairy or calcium substitutes, and proteins, beans, legumes any animal meat, seafood, nuts. I think a lot of peeps get stuck on what tastes alright and don’t expand their horizons. Don’t get stuck in the same old same old. Changing it up does not mean your food has to be more expensive or take more time to prepare. Simply replace certain common foods with a different alternative, one by one. Nothing radical. If no one cares for it try another. I have tried this and succeeded SO many times. Never act happy when this occurs. French onion soup, carrot raisin salad, Greek salad, Waldorf salad, spaghetti squash tossed wit a little butter and Parmesan, can be reheated if yo make a lot! Just fresh fruit or vegetables arranged attractively and a million dips for both. Please eat well, your mind, body, spirit and family will reap the benefits. Stay positive, the choice is yours 💕❤️

Blog Entries
    Today I googled “Why people suck”... i realize that sounds like a stupid question and I did not read the answer though there appeared to be thousands of answers. I know I am not the only one who is growing older, losing loved ones, watching racist cops killing people, seeing the fear in people’s eyes for simply walking down the street and passing one another....even wearing masks. I had to get shoulder replacement surgery on March 15 and it’s all fine but so cold and impersonal. I feel so sad for anyone that has to go through surgery at this time because it is very lonely and difficult. Hey, not whining..just saying. Exhausting really ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Today I googled “Why people suck”... i realize that sounds like a stupid question and I did not read the answer though there appeared to be thousands of answers. I know I am not the only one who is growing older, losing loved ones, watching racist cops killing people, seeing the fear in people’s eyes for simply walking down the street and passing one another....even wearing masks. I had to get shoulder replacement surgery on March 15 and it’s all fine but so cold and impersonal. I feel so sad for anyone that has to go through surgery at this time because it is very lonely and difficult. Hey, not whining..just saying. Exhausting really ❤️
    This isolation has already gotten everyone, but it is much more difficult for those who, during this period, also have health problems, are undergoing treatment. I really want to find something positive in the world around us, but every day it's harder to do.