Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Observations

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    I now carry a letter from my employer in my glove compartment, stating that I am an employee of an essential business so I have to be on the road.
    That's in case that there will be any checkpoints.
    I have the same thing, in my purse. In this tiny town, I doubt I would get stopped, but better safe than sorry.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Cheers to you, Heidi, and all veterinary people! You're absolutely PRECIOUS.

All the best to you and your family, all species!

from Sparkler and Galaxy and Pat
    Thank you, Pat!
    I'm a little stressed about the close proximity to my co-workers, but there's nothing that can be done. Our manager suggested to stick with just one person for the day and use the same exam room, but it's just not possible. Each one of us will go with whoever needs help. In normal times, this sense of community is great.
    Last edited by cats4ever; 04-01-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    Haven't been out in over 3 weeks. My husband works so he is out. Someone came over and bought something we had on sale, Craigslist I think. The interaction was too bloody funny. Standing far apart, the whole shebang was weird. Anyway... this can't last forever. I need to go out more, I'm white as a sheet.

Blog Entries
    I have an appt. on April 7 to get an X-ray and see how my bone graft is doing. It's at Jim Pattison Pavillion and I'm scared to go, I think I should cancel. I know I sound like a scaredy cat but I am hoping they will cancel the appt. for me as everyone is suppose to avoid public places. My husband thinks I should wear a mask and go. I'm scared, haven't left the house for at least 3 weeks and would it not be the worst place to go, a health Center where sick folks go? I know, bad idea. I'll cancel. I'm just a tad freaked. Sorry, just don't want to get a virus and potentially pass it on? I'm okay to tip off the raft whenever 😻😍😀👍🏿🤜🏻🤛 It's definately not a life or death sitchy, a mere x ray. Best to you all!! Would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    I have an appt. on April 7 to get an X-ray and see how my bone graft is doing. It's at Jim Pattison Pavillion and I'm scared to go, I think I should cancel. I know I sound like a scaredy cat but I am hoping they will cancel the appt. for me as everyone is suppose to avoid public places. My husband thinks I should wear a mask and go. I'm scared, haven't left the house for at least 3 weeks and would it not be the worst place to go, a health Center where sick folks go? I know, bad idea. I'll cancel. I'm just a tad freaked. Sorry, just don't want to get a virus and potentially pass it on? I'm okay to tip off the raft whenever 卵亂 It's definately not a life or death sitchy, a mere x ray. Best to you all!! Would you do it?
    I have a prenatal appointment on 4/9 and I'm considering asking if we can switch it to telephone. I think they will say that they need to get my BP though. I don't know what's best...

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    I have a prenatal appointment on 4/9 and I'm considering asking if we can switch it to telephone. I think they will say that they need to get my BP though. I don't know what's best...
    You could order a blood pressure monitor online. They're pretty compact and you can get one for around $ 20. And then you could do a telemedicine consult with your doctor.
    My insurance started covering telemedicine because of the pandemic.

I have an appt. on April 7 to get an X-ray and see how my bone graft is doing. It's at Jim Pattison Pavillion and I'm scared to go, I think I should cancel. I know I sound like a scaredy cat but I am hoping they will cancel the appt. for me as everyone is suppose to avoid public places. My husband thinks I should wear a mask and go. I'm scared, haven't left the house for at least 3 weeks and would it not be the worst place to go, a health Center where sick folks go? I know, bad idea. I'll cancel. I'm just a tad freaked. Sorry, just don't want to get a virus and potentially pass it on? I'm okay to tip off the raft whenever 卵亂 It's definately not a life or death sitchy, a mere x ray. Best to you all!! Would you do it?
    You should call them. A friend had a similar appointment, and that had her go in a separate entrance, so she was nowhere near the Covid wards, or the Emergency department. They literally set up a separate entrance and procedures for "other" patients.

And if it is a "non-urgent" appointment, they may cancel it anyway, depending on the situation on the ground there. A call is definitely in order.
    I've Been Frosted

A client made masks for us. I embellished mine with, what else, a cat.

Name:  mask.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  275.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    You should call them. A friend had a similar appointment, and that had her go in a separate entrance, so she was nowhere near the Covid wards, or the Emergency department. They literally set up a separate entrance and procedures for "other" patients.

And if it is a "non-urgent" appointment, they may cancel it anyway, depending on the situation on the ground there. A call is definitely in order.
    Thanks, great advice. I thought they would cancel it but that didn't happen. I thought I was fine but, I kept putting off cancelling it. I threw up this morning, I always do that when I'm freaked .... stupid, I know. Stress makes me vomit 😬 🤢🤤🙄 Then I thought they would charge me for the appt. because I didn't give 48 hrs. notice. They didn't care, my husband actually cancelled it for me because I refused to go 😜 He apparently said I had a cough and a fever so was not up for an X-ray and examination. 🤣😷🙊 Liar, liar, pants on fire 😻 He is definately hired as my secretary! He's easy on the eye as well 👍🏿 Normally I behave like a mature adult, ooooops. 🙈🙈🙈

Here in Belgium the situation is very dramatic... !
    I am so sorry that so many people get sick and die because of this dangerous Covid 19...
    Everybody in our family is okay, I am very thankfull for that!
    It's already 6 weeks ago since we last saw our grandson Alexander....
    He is learning so much now....!I'm glad we have WhatsApp,
    !nOur daughter sends us many homevideo's of him.
    The last one was a 3 minutes long video showing Alexander while he was laughing and snickering almost all the time
    He is such a sweet ànd beautiful babyboy!! He wil be turning 10 months old on April 27th!
    I hope I may see him again soon....

I would love to show some pictures of him, but for some unknown reason I cannot upload any pictures on PT anymore... (???)
    Please go to my Facebook page "Lut Lobeau"
    , where you will find tons of pictures

Since 2 weeks now, we are moved to our newbuild house! If you would like my new address, just ask , and I will send it by pm
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 04-17-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

How nice you are in your new house! Congratulations! And we hope you will get to see that grand baby soon!
    I've Been Frosted

That's wonderful, Lut, that you are in your new home now!

Happy 10-month birthday soon to your grandson Alexander! What fun for you to watch him grow, even if just by WhatsApp right now.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thanks, great advice. I thought they would cancel it but that didn't happen. I thought I was fine but, I kept putting off cancelling it. I threw up this morning, I always do that when I'm freaked .... stupid, I know. Stress makes me vomit  濫襤 Then I thought they would charge me for the appt. because I didn't give 48 hrs. notice. They didn't care, my husband actually cancelled it for me because I refused to go  He apparently said I had a cough and a fever so was not up for an X-ray and examination. 藍 Liar, liar, pants on fire  He is definately hired as my secretary! He's easy on the eye as well  Normally I behave like a mature adult, ooooops. 
    I'm glad your husband was able to cancel the appointment for you!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

fghoieks Guest
    Is there anybody here who could help me with a private consultation? I tried to follow the step-by-step guide but failed. It seems to me that access is restricted from my area worldpostalcode.com/united-states/georgia/atlanta. Can it be the case? Or what else can cause this issue? Please write to my private messages to discuss if you have a free hour this or next week. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by fghoieks View Post
    Is there anybody here who could help me with a private consultation? I tried to follow the step-by-step guide but failed. It seems to me that access is restricted from my area worldpostalcode.com/united-states/georgia/atlanta. Can it be the case? Or what else can cause this issue? Please write to my private messages to discuss if you have a free hour this or next week. Thanks in advance.
    A private consultation about what? And what step-by-step guide?
    I've Been Frosted