Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Observations

Blog Entries
    My husband is a forklift mechanic so he doesn't have to have human contact and always wears a mask. I'm staying home but was wondering about the newspaper and fliers left at the door.... is that paranoia or common sense? Threw the top sheet of the newspaper away and washed my hands....🙈😜😜 should we not eat fresh vegetables, do cans have germs on them, I'm not sure, got so tired of all the television info, Trudeau and specifically Trump, he's a freaking chimpanzee, I stopped watching, maybe I shouldn't have. Sorry to the chimps.

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    My husband is a forklift mechanic so he doesn't have to have human contact and always wears a mask. I'm staying home but was wondering about the newspaper and fliers left at the door.... is that paranoia or common sense? Threw the top sheet of the newspaper away and washed my hands.... should we not eat fresh vegetables, do cans have germs on them, I'm not sure, got so tired of all the television info, Trudeau and specifically Trump, he's a freaking chimpanzee, I stopped watching, maybe I shouldn't have. Sorry to the chimps.
    There is a virologist posting on another forum I belong to, she says that the risk of contamination from food is VERY low and as long as produce is getting a good rinse it should be fine. The virus can live on cardboard and paper-like surfaces for ~24 hours, so I'm letting packages and mail spend a night in the garage before I open them. Said virologist is emphatic that just because there is some detectable virus left on the packaging doesn't mean it's enough to cause infection so mail and packages should be just fine.

Blog Entries
    Thank you SO much!

I work at the Post Office, and from my experience, most everyone handling your mail is wearing gloves these days, out of an abundance of caution. .
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Good to know, thanks. Want to order some things from Amazon, just not sure if it's the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Good to know, thanks. Want to order some things from Amazon, just not sure if it's the best idea.
    Go ahead, and if is comes in Plastic, as much of what Amazon ships out does, spray it down with disinfectant though roughly before you open the plastic and you'll be fine, even if someone somewhere along the line was contagious. If it comes in cardboard of some sort, Covid only lives 24 hours on cardboard, so you could even let it sit on your porch of 24 hours to be sure! And sunlight is always good for killing viruses, and sunlight likely will hit it at some point in the day!
    I've Been Frosted

Starting Monday 5pm. North Carolina will be under a "stay at home" order.
    Veterinary hospitals are deemed essential, so I still have a job, which I'm grateful for. On the other hand, social distancing is not an option in a veterinary setting, which means that I am potentially exposed to sick people.
    Maybe we all get lucky and we'll stay healthy.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Loving good wishes, Heidi, that this works out and you and your colleagues stay well.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Galaxy and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Starting Monday 5pm. North Carolina will be under a "stay at home" order.
    Veterinary hospitals are deemed essential, so I still have a job, which I'm grateful for. On the other hand, social distancing is not an option in a veterinary setting, which means that I am potentially exposed to sick people.
    Maybe we all get lucky and we'll stay healthy.
    The hospitals in my area are doing no humans in the hospital. The staff comes out and puts a slip leash on the pet and brings the pet inside. History is taken over the phone. No wellness visits, no vaccines and deworming, sick-pet visits only. All non-life-saving procedures are cancelled.

My vet clinic is doing the same as yours, snakemama. I imagine others around here are, too.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    The hospitals in my area are doing no humans in the hospital. The staff comes out and puts a slip leash on the pet and brings the pet inside. History is taken over the phone. No wellness visits, no vaccines and deworming, sick-pet visits only. All non-life-saving procedures are cancelled.
    Our hospital is doing the same thing.
    What I meant with "social distancing is not possible " is that the techs and doctors work together at a very close distance, sometimes just a few inches from each other, since one holds the animal while the other one is examining it.

Blog Entries
    Awww, there are heroes amongst us, God bless 'em, each and every one. ❤️💕👍🏿🤜🏻🤛

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Our hospital is doing the same thing.
    What I meant with "social distancing is not possible " is that the techs and doctors work together at a very close distance, sometimes just a few inches from each other, since one holds the animal while the other one is examining it.
    I'd been wondering about that..

Loving good wishes that you all stay safe and healthy!

Death thought about it.

I now carry a letter from my employer in my glove compartment, stating that I am an employee of an essential business so I have to be on the road.
    That's in case that there will be any checkpoints.

Cheers to you, Heidi, and all veterinary people! You're absolutely PRECIOUS.

All the best to you and your family, all species!

from Sparkler and Galaxy and Pat
    Death thought about it.