Thread: Lovely Baby Lou

Lovely Baby Lou

Dear Baby Lou, what a beautiful girl you are. Your coat looks like velvet, and your little face is adorable.
    You looks so comfortable and relaxed on the pool cover!
    After showing up at your family's doorstep, and not leaving for a whole day, you had convinced them that this is where you belong.
    Your arthritis is not slowing you down, you still get the kitty crazies, chirping at the birdies outside and you love to eat, sleep and cuddle.
    Baby Lou, you are a precious senior kitty, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Dearest Baby Lou, what a lovely mature lady you are! Your fur is so glossy and looks so soft. It's hard to tell whether it is all black or maybe a dark tortie mix. Whichever, my dark tortie girl Galaxy thinks you're gorgeous and says "Hello, Meow!" Our orange and white sweetie Sparkler joins in with her own "Hello, Meow!" Are you lying on your solar pool cover there? You are so beautiful and look so very relaxed in that great photo, and thank you for sharing it with us. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to San Carlos, CA to pet you, and pet your older-kitty housemate, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrents will pet you both for me .

And what a nice story you have to tell! You showed up on the doorstep of your dear Purrrents-to-be one election day many years ago. You were there when they went to vote, when they came back, and after their workdays. You looked so helpless, they brought you inside. They fed you and cleaned you up, then asked neighbors if you belonged to any of them. No one claimed you, and at that point they knew they had been chosen! You were Home!

You were full of energy and made your new Purrrents (if not their older cat) smile at your antics, playing ping pong, hanging from the banister, and leaping out to surprise and attack. Now you are a mature lady, more laid-back in your activities, though you can still scoot when you need to, such as to check out something outside the window. Your favorite pastimes include eating, sleeping, and cuddling and on a nice warm day. California girl that you are, you also enjoy basking in the sun on the solar pool cover. You and your dear Purrrents all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Baby Lou, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrents and kitty housemate and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations beautiful Baby Lou on being chosen today's Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Congratulations on being honored as Cat of the Day, Baby Lou!

At 17 years you are still a beauty, black coat and stunning green eyes.

What luck that you showed up on your family’s doorstep - you were persistent and waited eight hours until they came back home. Of course, they couldn’t resist taking you in, and the rest is happy history!

In spite of your age and arthritis, you turn into a rocket when you see birds outside the window, and make cute chirping sounds. I love when cats do that.

You can still enjoy life, occasionally play with a string, bag or box, but I think you are cuddle bug more than anything and your family love you!

Enjoy your day of fame… and every day, celebrate with your favourite treats and lots of cuddle time, and bask in the sun on your solar pool cover. I wish you good health, love and many more happy times with your family, sweetheart!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Beautiful Baby Lou!

Hi Baby Lou! Happy Cat of the Day, sweetheart!

What a treat, what an honor, having the chance to pay tribute to one beautiful, gently *seasoned* Torti girl! Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than seeing a senior kitty being crowned Cat of the Day!

My heart melted, reading your human's love filled tribute, learning how you and your family came to be as one, you showing up on your humans' doorstep, firmly planting your paws in their home and hearts, never to look back again! Mere serendipity, perhaps, though I'd like to believe a higher power had a hand in leading you to your forever family that fateful day so many years ago! And while you the calendar may say you're 17 years young, you've still got that spunk and spirit, with a lot more living and loving to do!

How blessed your family was, that fateful you chose them to be your forever family, and what a heavenly match it turned out to be!

We thank heaven for sending us this angel - we love her a lot!
    You truly are a treasure, Baby Lou, heaven sent, and so very deserving of your big day of honor!

Great thanks to your Mom for sharing you with us today, giving us the honor of paying tribute to one EXTRA special girl, their loyal and loving fur baby, their Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Meeting you today, reading your Mom's love filled tribute has been a joy! I hope you enjoyed a very special day of celebration...being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desired and more (just like every day)! Lots of love, snuggles and kisses to you, beautiful Baby Lou, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, Cat of a Lifetime!!!

Beautiful Baby Lou!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries
    Ya, Baby Lou is outstanding! What a darling and very special COTD!!

Blissful Baby Lou

Baby Lou, you are so beautiful, with that soft-looking black fur and slender body. You're 17 years old and you still look very healthy! Your humans must take such great care of you. You're very strong also. Arthritis doesn't stop you from having fun!

You chose your humans, sitting on their doorstep and waiting very patiently for them to let you in. You've had so many amazing years with them and I hope you have many more. You're a purrfect cat, eating, sleeping, cuddling, looking at the birdies. Your humans are so lucky to have you in their life!

You definitely deserved being on COTD. Congratulations, Blissful Baby Lou, on being Cat of the Day!!