Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanna play FETCH??

Wanna play FETCH??

Sometimes I'm convinced Nebo must really have some labrador deep inside him........because he certainly is a RETRIEVER! lol

He just *LOVES* to play fetch...he's constantly bringing me (and everyone else for that matter...) toys to throw for him. He's rather embarassing at times, as he'll just shove the toy and squeak it wherever he pleases...kind of freaks guests out when there's a dog madly squeaking a toy on their behind!

I think sometimes it's an attention thing. Like I'll be sitting there talking to someone and here comes this dog "Squeak, squeak squeak! Look at me!" lol

He's better at "real" fetch outside.......I can toss a ball and he'll run after it and bring it back to me every time....actually, if I'm outside, he'll automatically go run and find a toy to bring to me! hehe.....

Anyone else have fetch-a-holic doggies??

Cute! My bird fetches grapes! Its so cool! He's like a pup in a feathered coat!

Bob doesn`t play that game, and he is a retriever breed......well.....he does absolutely love for me to hide and him to find stuff, or for me to throw and him to go fetch things, but he hates to give whatever it is up! This only started about a year ago, before that he was fine, odd dog!

Chris

My dog Patrick is but only when he's in a good mode

~Rachel
    If you're listening to this song
    You may think the chords are going wrong
    But they're not
    We just wrote it like that

When you're listening late at night
    You may think the band are not quite right
    But they are, they just play it like that

It doesn't really matter what chords I play
    What words I say or time of day it is
    As it's only a Northern song

It doesn't really matter what clothes I wear
    Or how I fare or if my hair is brown
    When it's only a Northern song

If you think the harmony
    Is a little dark and out of key
    You're correct, there's nobody there

And I told you there's no one there

~The Beatles

When Mickey wants attention, he'll come up and tap his nose on my leg and bring me the ball. then we'll play. He'll only bring it back though if I say "Bring it back" or "Get the ball". He loves to fetch though

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Malone doesn't like to play fetch!! He will run after a ball/frisbee/kong OK, but then he gets very bored and lays down or looks around and sniffs. Somedays, he's more into it than others, though.

Millie doesn't get it. I throw the toy. She runs to where it lands. She runs back to me without the toy and then looks at me like "throw it again, throw it again!!!" Silly dog.
    Chester on the other hand must be a Toy Retriever . He loves to fetch! When he was younger, he'd fetch for hours on end. Now he's good for 20-30 mins.

*LOL*

At the beginning, Mickey would run after it and then just come back. Or, he would run, get it and then run to me, but then take this crazy curve. Like, I'll be in the hall and he'll run right to me and then take this quick turn to avoid me. Then he's got me chasing after him

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Roxey LOVES to play fetch!

What is it with these dogs, they are sooo much alike! Guess it couldn't be they are the same breed could it

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Re: Roxey LOVES to play fetch!

Originally posted by anna_66
    What is it with these dogs, they are sooo much alike! Guess it couldn't be they are the same breed could it
    Hehehe I don't know, I had heard that huskies were really bad at playing fetch! We just have *special* ones! lol

We had a chesapeake bay retriever who didn't retrieve and now we have a yorkshire terrier who does retrieve. Doesn't make sense to me but as long as their happy - I am!

Molly is rabid about it! She'll run after the stupid little squeeky toy until she drops. We have to put it away because she gets so tired. Goofy little dog!

Oz isn't to that level, but he retrieves pretty good for a Collie.
    His favorite time to bring me something to throw is when I'm
    taking a bath. But more than just chasing something down and
    retrieving it, he loves for you to throw it where he can catch it in
    the air, then he'll bring it back to you. So I think we're playing
    "Catch", more so than "Fetch" in the true sense of the word.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Kito used to love to fetch, but I don't know what happened. Abbey will fetch a tennis ball for 4 days straight, I swear--I'm thinking about buying an automatic tennis ball dispenser for the yard when we move--she loves it!!!
    Kito acts like he is to good to fetch. He gets excited, runs to the ball, and then looks at me like "Oh, this thing, you really want me to bring it to you"
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Chewy used to always put his toys against my legs or something and Squeak them. It was soo cute! Although I have to agree the guest did not like it at all when Chewy would come up and Squeak his toys on there legs, LOL. He was such a cutie

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Jewels LOVES fetch! she is obsessed! Tiki also loves it too! lol she steals jewelsys toys then i play fetch with her with them