Thread: Magnificent Mary

Magnificent Mary

Dear Mary, what a beautiful Bombay girl you are. Your gorgeous coat looks so soft and shiny, and your face, with those big eyes, is too adorable.
    I love your rescue story. There is no question about it: You and your mom were meant for each other.
    You are still acting like a kitten, energetic, full of life, and you have springs in your legs, leaping even over the dogs. And you are your mom's shadow, following her everywhere she goes.
    Mary Elizabeth, you are truly a special kitty, and I wish you, the dogs and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Dearest Mary, you are utterly adorable! What a gorgeous lady you are, with that sleek, glossy black fur that looks so very soft and that sweet face with those lovely HUGE eyes! You are so cute under the Christmas tree, gazing out at us with that wide-eyed look of love. I wish I could reach through the screen and up over to Minnesota to pet you, and pet your doggie buddies, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Meowmie will pet you all for me .

And what a delightful story you have to tell! Your dear Meowmie-to-be was grieving the loss of her precious 17-year-old cat to cancer. One day she decided to look at cats up for adoption at Petsmart, as good comforting therapy for her in her grief. She had no idea of adopting one, but someone had an idea of adopting her! You stuck your paw out of the cage and grabbed her. She took one look at you and fell in love! And it turned out that her name is Elizabeth Mary and yours Mary Elizabeth, so this was clearly a match meant to be. She knew this was faith and fate at work. You adopted each other, and Home you went!

Now you are her little shadow, following her everywhere. You are quite the leaper, leaping right over the dogs as if there are springs in your little legs! You are very special in every way. You and Meowmie love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Mary, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Meowmie and doggie pals and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day, beautiful Mary!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

This is Mary. She is a Bombay cat. She is now ten years old. Mary is a rescue. She is very sweet and fun. So full of energy and life. She lights up my day every minute.

I was walking through Petsmart all those years ago in Plymouth, Minnesota and thought I would look at the cats up for adoption. I thought it would be good therapy for me because one month before that, my 17-year-old cat (who I adored) was put down do to cancer. I had no plans on getting a cat but this one had plans on my getting her. My name is Elizabeth Mary and when I walked through the cat area this cute little black cat was sticking her paw out the cage grabbing me. I looked up at her and fell in love. Her name was Mary Elizabeth I knew it was faith, and fate.

Mary is my little shadow every where I go she is sure to follow. Oh my gosh, she is a leaper - she has springs in her little legs I swear. She leaps right over the dogs it's pretty cute. She is very special in every way.
    Hello, Mary in Minnesota! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous lady you are! Your black fur looks so shiny and soft, and your face is very sweet!

You reached your paw to your meowmie that day: "This human is mine!" I love when that happens! Meowmie knew right then it was faith and fate! Now you are a very special shadow, following meowmie from place to place. You are full of fun, energy and life! You are a skilled leaper, going right over the dogs! As meowmie says, you are sweet, and very special in every way! PURRRRR-fect!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to lovely Mary in Minnesota!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Precious Mary!

Hi Mary! Congratulations on being crowned Cat of the Day!

You truly are one stunning Bombay beauty, Mary! Your sleek and shiny, ebony coat is gorgeous, and that wide eyed look of wonder on your face, your expressions, are priceless; precious beyond words! How lucky your Mom is, having a furkid as beautiful, as joyful and energetic, and personality packed and life loving as you, sweetheart! You may be ten years young, but you don't look or act half your age!

And should there be an ounce of doubt that you and your Mom, Elizabeth Mary, and you, Mary Elizabeth, were destined to be... Honestly, reading that put chills down my spine! And just in case, to seal the deal, you worked your magic by gently poking your paw out through those bars, letting your soon to be Mom know that you and had chosen her and her alone to be your one and only; the light of her life! Just as she says, fate will have its way, and what a heavenly match it turned out to be! I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved predecessor, Mary. But thanks to you, her heart was healed, her days once again bright and beautiful and filled with love! You truly are a treasure, Mary, just a special as can be, one in a million!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Meeting you has been such a treat! I hope you enjoyed a very special day of celebration, being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful Mary, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!!

SO beautiful!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Magical Mary

Mary, you look stunning. With your shiny black fur and big, BIG yellow eyes. You lightened up your human's life after the loss of her beloved cat. You had plans on getting her! And how cute, you leaping over the dogs. You truly are a unique and marvelous cat. Congratulations, Magical Mary Elizabeth, on being Cat of the Day!