Thread: Distinctive lady Madison!

Distinctive lady Madison!

Madison came to us one summer from the Greater New Haven Cat Project. She is a polydactyl who also carries her tail curled back over her spine, a trait we suspect may be inherited; when she learns to use her extra toes as opposable thumbs, she'll undoubtedly rule the world. Here we see her working on her computing skills.

In addition to helping her male human on the computer, Madison likes to play editorial assistant when her female human is writing; she sits between the Levenger Editor's Desk and the kitchen window, alternately looking out the window at the birds and rubbing her head against Kim's pen hand.

Madison's all-time favorite domestic task is changing the bedsheets. When she hears the rustle of linens she comes running from any room in the house and leaps into the middle of them. She especially enjoys rolling on the bare mattress pad to show off her glorious orange and black tummy fur and burrowing completely under the bedspread so that only a moving lump is visible.

Madison loves the plastic rings off milk jugs and cartons of coffee cream. She bats them under the furniture and carries them around in her mouth. She chews a new fuzzy mouse toy into pieces every month or so. But the toy she likes best is a long strip of polar fleece fabric attached to a wand and dragged along the rug for her to pounce on. She'll make a long series of wheedling meows and prrrts until one of us stops what we're doing to play the polarfleece game - even if it's late at night and we were asleep!

Madison sleeps on Kim's pillow, curled around her head and purring into her ear. She always knows when one of us needs extra affection and will lick our wrists and hair. She had a reputation as a sourpuss when she was at the Cat Project because she doesn't like other cats, but once she became our only cat she turned into a real cuddlepuss. We hope to enjoy her trills and purrs for many years to come!

The first picture shows Madison helping with the computer. The second shows her favorite daytime sleeping spot. She also loves to help with bed-making.

Aside from having a very lovable personality - she spends most of the night cuddling up with us in bed unless she wants us to get up and play in which case she runs around meowing -- and lovely tweed- colored fur, Maddy is a very distinctive cat. She has extra toes, and a curly tail. When greeting us after work, her curly tail quivers with excitement.

Maddy chose my wife as her special person when my wife was a volunteer at a local shelter; she came to live with us back when the vet estimated her age as about six years old.

Some days my wife telecommutes and Maddy gets to help with work all day; she really enjoys that! Maddy does not enjoy the noise of the vacuum cleaner, which we refer to as the growl monster, but she loves rolling around on the fluffy carpeting afterward -- and of course removing her fur is the main reason we need to vacuum those carpets. It's a vicious cycle!
    Hello, Madison in Connecticut! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a beautiful tortie lady you are! I like your tweed-colored fur, your sweet face and the striking markings on your head and tail! You have extra toes, and a curly tail that quivers when you greet your people! You snuggle with your people for sleep, and even provide special affection when you sense that it may be needed .

You are a very special assistant to your people, even more so on the days when your mom works from home! You help by sitting in your place, observing the birds, and giving head rubs! You like when it is bed-making time, but you are not a fan of the noisy vacuum cleaner. You roll on the carpet afterward, clever girl!

You are a playful kitty, too- having fun with toy mousies, plastic rings, and especially your polar fleece wand toy! You even awaken your people to play with your polar fleece wand! Best of all … you are a very, VERY loved kitty! As it should be!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Madison! I hope your people will give you some extra pats, hugs and snuggles for me!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Madison, what a stunningly distinctive lady you are indeed! You are such a gorgeous Tortie, with that beautiful tweed-colored fur that looks so fluffy and soft, and that sweet face with those lovely big eyes looking up at me. That curly tail is really nice, too! My stunningly distinctive Tortie lady Galaxy says "Hello, Meow!" Thank you for sharing those two great photos with us! You're so cute, first working hard on the computer using all those toes, and then taking a well-deserved nap resting up afterward. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Hamden, CT to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrents will pet you for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You met your dear Purrrents-to-be at the Greater New Haven Cat Project, where Meowmie was a volunteer. We thank those terrific shelter people for the fine work they do helping so many kitties and making it possible for you and your Purrrents to meet. You and they fell in love right away and adopted each other, and Home you went!

You have many important jobs in your family. You help with the housework, stepping right in when the bedsheets are being changed. You are also a gifted office assistant, helping Dad when he's working on the computer and serving as editorial assistant to Meowmie Kim when she's writing. You test every item available that might serve as a cat toy. The top choice so far is that long strip of polar fleece fabric attached to a wand and dragged along the rug for you to pounce on. You make a long series of wheedling meows and prrrts to let your Purrrents know it's time to play that game, even if it's late at night and they're asleep!

You sleep on Meowmie's pillow, curled around her head and purring into her ear. You always know when one of your dear Purrrents needs extra affection, and you'll lick his/her wrists and hair. You don't like other cats, but you are a real cuddlepuss being the only cat in your family. You and your Purrrents all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Madison, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrents and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite treats and games, maybe another round of the polarfleece game!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear Madison, what a gorgeous tortie you are. Your multi-colored fur looks so plush and soft, and your face with those green eyes is adorable.
    And you have extra toesies, how special is that!
    You are an enormously busy kitty. Your hobbies range from computer work to watching birds to changing bed sheets to playing to leaving hair on the carpet, and there are a lot more things in between.
    Madison, you are a truly special girl, and I wish you and your parents a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    Madison is a very impressive kitty, love seeing her as COTD! She is definately unique and very special in every single way!

Lovely Lady Madison!

Hi Maddy! Congratulations on being crowned Cat of the Day, sweetheart!

What a gorgeous Torti girl you are, Maddy! Your coat and coloring are exquisite, and no doubt that curved tail your mark of distinction! And with those extra toes no doubt your computer/typing skills are epic!

Yes, that's one proud daddy bragging on his beautiful baby girl, and for good reason! A pawrent couldn't hope for more in a furkid! When it comes to looks, personality and heart you've got it all going on; purrfection on 4 paws/24 toes!

Endless thanks to your mommy for her dedication to volunteering, helping so many other deserving kitties find their way to furever homes as special as yours; to your mom and dad, for welcoming into their home and heart one EXTRA special girl! We don't need to remind your family that rescue is the way to go; the rewards, priceless! You are living proof of that! And while y
    our mommy Kim may be your go to human, I have no doubt you love your daddy every bit as much! An eternal love circle!

How lucky your mommy and daddy are, having a furkid, a loyal and loving best friend in you, Maddy! You truly are a gem of a girl, Maddy, beautiful inside and out, simply the best!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Reading your daddy's heartwarming tribute, seeing your heart-melting photos, has been a joy! I hope you enjoyed a very special day of celebration...helping your daddy at the computer; watching the feathered action outside your window; helping your mom Kim with the bed changing, hehe; playing with your fuzzy mouse toy and fleece wand; cuddling with your pawrents; being loved and pampered to pieces! (A busy day!) Lots of love, snuggles and kisses to you, beautiful Madison, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!!

Beautiful Maddy, hard at work!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day, beautiful Madison.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Marvelous Madison

Madison, you are a beautiful tortoiseshell. Your yellow eyes and short, neat fur are perfect! Also, your extra toes make you so special!

You are such a nice cat, helping your humans out whenever they need it! You help with the computer, bed sheets, and with your mom's work. You must be so helpful to your humans!

And you have such a good personality. When you had all of your human's attention, you turned into an adorable cuddlepuss! And you are so affectionate and sweet to them.

You are 14 years old, but you look as healthy as a young, well-fed cat. Your humans must take such good care of you, and you to them. Congratulations, Marvelous Madison, on being Cat of the Day!