Thread: Incredible Isis!

Incredible Isis!

A beautiful longhair, looks a little Siberian like my late Sammy who passed at 21-1/2- may you go that far and longer!
    If no one's told you yet- WARM the fluids (lactated Ringer's, usually, in our experience) in a sink full of warm water before administering sub-cu.- I've dealt with cats with renal failure and kept them happy and healthy for years with sub-cu. fluids- but if it's cold, right out of the refrigerator, look out! Especially with Siamese! Warmed, the cat just stretches out on my legs and gets scratched under the chin while the fluids are being administered and he or she is happy and calm- we've had renal-failure cats go 4-5 years like that, active and happy and healthy-

Best of luck and congrats to Isis on COTD!!!

bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Dear Isis, what a gorgeous senior girl you are. Your luxurious coat looks so soft and shiny, and your face is so precious.
    You grew from a destructive kitten into an elegant lady. You live now with two younger kitties, and you are still playful. You are also a great comfort to your person.
    I am sorry about your diagnosis, but you are lucky to have such a dedicated human to keep up with all your medical needs.
    Isis, you are a special girl, and I wish you, Memphis, Ally and your family a great day full of celebration, and I hope that your health improves to give you and your family many more years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Dearest Isis, what a gorgeous mature lady you are! That fluffy Tuxedo fur is so pretty and looks so soft, and you're so cute with those white boots. What a sweet face you have, with those long, LOOOOOONG whiskers and those lovely HUGE golden eyes! You look so comfortable and totally relaxed in that box there. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Cincinnati to pet you,and pet your younger kitty siblings Ally and Memphis too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you all for me .

And what a great story you have to tell! You have been with your dear Purrrson ever since you were six weeks old! He/she says you were the cutest kitten ever, and also the most destructive. You broke things and got into lots of trouble, but over time you figured it out. Now you are an elegant mature lady, and you live with your two younger siblings Ally and Memphis. You love to hunt for "mice," finding a toy somewhere in the house and carrying it into the living room, proudly "gaowing" to announce your kill! You are very loving and comfort your Purrrson when she/he is down. You occasionally get him/her to take you outside, but you're never left alone out there, so you stay safe!

I'm so sorry about your diagnosis of liver disease. How fortunate and how good that your devoted Purrrson is working hard giving you the medical care you need! I've given subcutaneous fluids to many cats over the years. I keep the fluid bag at room temperature, hanging from the shower curtain rod. Then I sit with the kitty in my lap to administer the fluid. I've had cats do just fine for years this way! I hope you do well with the treatment and your health improves. You and your Purrrson love each other very much, don't you, treasuring every moment of your time together. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Isis, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and Ally and Memphis and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 02-09-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratuations on being Cat of the Day, Beautiful Isis.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Hello, Isis in Ohio! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a beautiful tuxedo lady you are! I like your fluffy fur, your white whiskers, and your white gloved paws! I am sending some gentle pats because you are lovely!

I am sorry to hear about your liver disease; it sounds like your person is providing you with the best care to help you improve. You hunt for your toys and bring them to the living room to show everyone! You have two younger kitty housemates, Ally and Memphis. you go outdoors when the weather is fine! Best of all, you are a greatly loved lady!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to gorgeous Isis!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hi Isis! Congratulations on being crowned Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous long haired Pantherette you are, Isis! Your sleek and shiny black coat is so beautiful, and how amazing are those brilliant yellow eyes! Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than seeing a beautiful senior being our featured honoree, and how very deserving you are, sweetheart! Any having just installed a Schlage handset, that photo of you nesting in that box put an extra big smile on my face!

I'm so very sorry to hear of your recent health challenges, Isis. Having had kitties diagnosed with both liver disease and CRF, I know how stressful and heartbreaking it is for your mom. But hopefully, with continued vet care and treatment (yes, administering those sub q fluids are stressful for kitty and human), most of all your mom's love and devotion, you will soon return to your frisky, playful self, hunting for mice and batting those milk rings! All of us here will be praying for that!

How blessed you mom is, Isis, having known your love and devotion, your comfort and healing the past wonderful 15 years, Isis, with hopefully many more yet to come! You truly are a treasure, and so very worthy of being honored here today, and every day!

Great thanks to your mom for sharing you with us, giving us the privilege of paying tribute to one very special girl! Hope you enjoyed a very special day of celebration, sweetheart...watching the birdies, cuddling with your mom, being loved and pampered to pieces! Sending tons of love, hugs and kisses to you, brave, beautiful Isis, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to your dear kitty siblings, Memphis and Ally, too!!!

SO beautiful! SO precious!!!

SO precious!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Irresistible Isis

Isis, you are absolutely beautiful. I can hardly believe that you're 15 years old! You look so young. I love your big Egyptian eyes and long, long, long white whiskers. Your long fur also looks sleek and gorgeous.

I'm so sorry to hear about your liver disease but I pray that it will get better. Your mom is so good at taking care of you. She still has hope that you will make it and turn back into your old, playful self. We all have hope that you will! I send many loving pats to you, and I hope you and your mom have many more happy, healthy years together.

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day, Irresistible Isis!