Thread: Clover's urinary issues are returning

Clover's urinary issues are returning

Clover's last bout with urinary tract infections was in 2015. From the time when he was a kitten until he was seven years old, he had urinary issues twice a year, like clock work.
    When he was a baby, he had several urinary blockages, and his then-family wasn't able to care for him anymore, so I adopted him.
    After 2015, Clover and I thought it was all behind us, until today.
    At lunchtime, he started yowling, running to all the litter boxes, and he was vomiting several times. I found several spots of bloody urine all over the house.
    Luckily, I couldn't feel a large bladder, a sign of blockage. I called his vet, and she told me I should run to the hospital for an antibiotic injection and pain meds.
    I did, and there was enough urine in his carrier to run a urinalysis. It showed an infection.
    I gave him the medications, and he is already feeling better. At home, I also gave him a dose of anti nausea medication.
    I hope that this was a one-time event, and not the start of another seven years of misery.
    Clover is almost 12 years old now, and I want him to spent his senior years without pain.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Oh, poor dear Clover! I hope this was just a one-time occurrence. I'm glad he is feeling so much better now.

We're sending loads of good wishes and healing energies to you, sweet Clover! Your Meowmie loves you so much and is taking the very best care of you.

{{{{{Gentle pets}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Lieber Clover Schatz, Gute Besserung. Get well soon sweetheart.

Thank you, Pat and Prathima!
    Clover is still doing well. The antibiotic will last for 2 weeks. So once it runs out, I'll find out if the infection is taken care of.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)