Thread: Mackie- R.I.P.

Mackie- R.I.P.

We lost our Mackie, a quirky classic tabby cat, before Christmas. He was about 11 years old and passed from leukemia- he showed no signs or symptoms for a long time, just dropped a little weight over time, but his WBC count was 67,000 when they checked and the cells were definitely abnormal. He passed quickly and was pretty comfortable and happy til the end, and he certainly got plenty of attention.
    He had a funny nasal-sounding meow, kind of a "Waaah" sound- he had a ton of personality. He was dumped at the vets where my wife worked in 2009, in a cardboard box- he was the clinic's resident cat for a while, racing around the place chasing tossed toys and crashing into cabinets- and my wife fell for him and took him home, then he came with her when we moved in together. He was kind of a dominant cat, and VERY handsome- and very very affectionate..... we miss him a lot.
    2019 was a bad year for our cat friends- we lost too many. God willing Mackie is waiting at RB for us- he's too ornery not to be.....

Play hard at RB Mackie-- send some purrs our way--

bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Aww, sending hugs your way. Rest in purry peace Mackie.
    I've Been Frosted

I am very sorry for your loss.
    Mackie had a wonderful home with you. I am glad that he passed without much suffering.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

I'm very sorry for your loss of Mackie. I know it is hard and you will miss him, but I hope it will be a comfort that he passed without much suffering, and he had a wonderful home with you.

Keep him in your hearts and remember the good times.

Rest in peace, Mackie!

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Dear bowlcat, I am so very sorry. My deepest sympathy to you and your family and friends and all who love Mackie and miss him and grieve him so much. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort.

What a wonderful cat Mackie was, what a wonderful companion! (And he still is and always will be.) Such a delightful personality, complete with that funny nasal-sounding meow, kind of a "Waaah" sound. He was lost to leukemia at way too young an age. I'm glad he was comfortable and happy right up to the end, and then passed quietly with those he loves and who love him so very much with him. What a wonderful life he shared with you and always will!

Mackie is a glorious Angel now, whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge with so many other beloved Angelic pets. He's watching over you and all your family and sending down love.

Dearest Mackie Angel, please send some Angelic purrrs to the hearts of your beloved bowlcat and family, to reassure them that all is well, you are with them always, and you will all be together again, One Fine Day...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery