Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

How cold is it where you are?

We in Alberta are in the middle of another Polar Vortex. Here are today and tonight's temperatures in Fahrenheit.

Now (10:50 a.m.) -25°F Wind Chill -33

Tonight: Low minus 41. Wind chill minus 39 this evening and minus 47 overnight. Frostbite in minutes. (This is also in degrees F)

Thursday isn't much better - that's when a bunch of us carriers deliver the local newspaper. I invested in boots that are waterproof and rated to -40 (same temp on both scales).

YIKES!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

So far, we have had no snow or frost. At this time, 19:30 it's 6 degrees Celsius. However, we'll get rain soon... again! I'd rather have a bit of snow and sun with a clear sky.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

So far, this "winter" has been a joke. For weeks now the temps are in the upper sixties (Fahrenheit), almost 20 degrees Celsius.
    And the rain won't stop. It has been about 2 weeks now when it started raining. It's a swamp around my house.
    Candace, maybe we can send some of the crazy weather each other's way.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

We had warm weather this weekend, and are facing much colder in the days ahead. Temperatures are changing rapidly here, and people worry that the maple sugaring season will be affected. Currently 33F, so just above freezing.
    I've Been Frosted

5. It was staying in the 30s-40°F in my part of Washington. we didnt even have any snow on the ground for Christmas.
    than on the 27th of December it snowed like gangbusters an we got two an a half feet of snow all at once.
    Friday through Monday(10th-13th of January) it stayed between 8-13°F but supposed to warm up into the 30s today an more snow on the way

We have a big snow storm on its way for tonight and tomorrow...

Yikes!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Pat, stay safe and warm with your kitties!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

That storm has started here now, we will get 8" - 12" inches - usually more up here than they predict. It is currently 10° F (-12°C) and the snow has commenced. It was 2° this morning, so this is a bit warmer.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Pat, stay safe and warm with your kitties!
    Thank you, Heidi. We're safe and warm!

The overnight-midmorning snow was maybe 7 inches here. Then the temperature got above freezing, and there has been this drizzly rain all day, so the snow has been turning into slush. The temps will go below freezing tonight, and the rain will become snow showers, so there will be more mess tomorrow morning.

I hate winter!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    That storm has started here now, we will get 8" - 12" inches - usually more up here than they predict. It is currently 10° F (-12°C) and the snow has commenced. It was 2° this morning, so this is a bit warmer.
    Oooogh, Karen! I hope you and all your family are keeping warm and cozy and safe. We're sending along our best wishes with all thise.

Death thought about it.

19 degrees in Michigan where I live. Currently, 27 degrees in Maryland where I am for job training. I will be going to Georgia in a few weeks, so I am a bit excited for the warmer weather.

This morning, when I started the car, it was -8°F!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    We in Alberta are in the middle of another Polar Vortex. Here are today and tonight's temperatures in Fahrenheit.

Now (10:50 a.m.) -25°F Wind Chill -33

Tonight: Low minus 41. Wind chill minus 39 this evening and minus 47 overnight. Frostbite in minutes. (This is also in degrees F)

Thursday isn't much better - that's when a bunch of us carriers deliver the local newspaper. I invested in boots that are waterproof and rated to -40 (same temp on both scales).

YIKES!
    How are you doing in Alberta now, Candace? I hope you and kitties are keeping cozy!

How did the newspaper delivery go, and I hope your boots kept your tootsies warm. How often does the paper come out, with more deliveries to do, whatever the weather may be?

Sending along warm hugs and purrrrrs your way!

Death thought about it.

In Korea, where I am right now, there is no snow. It’s actually quite warm here. It’s sunny and just a little chilly.

Right now it is 44 degrees Fahrenheit and rainy. No snow!