Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

Wow, sounds nice! It is 26°F here, at the base of the mountain, so much warmer than yesterday, but still below freezing!
    I've Been Frosted

Here it is snowing and it is supposed to snow Thursday and Friday too.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

This has been a storm with something for everyone - it started as sleet, then ice, then rain, then torrential rain, then within an hour switched back to snow, and has been snowing heavily. We have not budged today, after I slid across busy Route 30 yesterday, and the road conditions have continued to deteriorate.

(I am fine, Ruby the car is fine. There was no traffic coming from the right, and the person coming from my left saw me and turned up Windham Hill Road (which is what I slid down) and avoided hitting me, and I was able to make it safely into the parking lot across the street - which was my destination anyway.)

It has gotten progressively colder over the course of the storm, and tomorrow night is supposed to go down to -4° F, even though the current temperature of 20°F feels cold enough.
    I've Been Frosted

Today has been a pretty remarkable day weatherwise - the day began at 40°+ F, and with torrential rain. Then it changed to heavy snow, but as the ground was frozen the rain had had nowhere to go, so then when it changed to sleet and rain again, it was all several inches of slush on the ground. The road I live on is a dirt road, so the last unseasonably warm days had turned the frozen road into an inch of mud over frozen ground, so add three inches or so of slush on top of that, and it makes for challenging, treacherous driving. Even the paved roads were slush covered and slick. Then it changed back to rain, then sun, and now gale-force winds and dropping temperatures! I probably went through three different "climate zones" on the way to work, and am in another one entirely now! It is down to 26°F now, and so well below freezing, even without factoring in the wind chill, which is considerable.

One of the elders came in to the Post Office and said this is the craziest winter he has ever seen in the over 50 years he has lived in Vermont. He knows whereof he speaks, and is north on 90, age wise. He worries climate change will destroy Vermont's ski areas, and this winter is a sign of things to come.
    I've Been Frosted

fghoieks Guest
    This spring has been very cold everywhere. What is more frustrating is sharp temperature fluctuations. Such considerable changes in temperature are not good for many people suffering from heart diseases and blood pressure jumps. I am from the US, 972 area code. All these warnings about climate change are true, unfortunately. They will happen worldwide.
    Last edited by fghoieks; 05-17-2020 at 10:22 AM.

6. Been 10° colder than our average for this time of the year for the past couple of weeks with lots of rain earning us 53° in the day an cold enough to see your breath at night.
    feels kinda like winters on the way instead of leaving

Finally it seems like spring - or summer - here! 64°F and bright sun at last!
    I've Been Frosted

8. Finally seeing 80° for the first time this year

Blog Entries
    Like the first day of summer here. Surrey B.C. Muggy, perfect weather actually. I am not phsycic but something tells me....it's gonna be a loooong hot summer when it finally arrives. ❤️🌺

Blog Entries
    P.s. Huge shout out to Karen, thank you for every little thing! Had the best day, went for an hr. long walk. It was beautiful, haven't been out for 3 months. I'm solitary by nature but I need to get out more. Krickey! I have masks, no reason to stay all holed up in my home eh 🤓😎

It is hot and humid here today, we finally had a nice rainstorm - then it went right back to hot and humid ten minutes later!
    I've Been Frosted

12. 85° today an several wild daises have popped up in the field. another definite sign that summer has started here

13. ... an its just barely even 70° this morning LOL
    hopefully it warms up a bit more later on

14. Not very cold here today or for the up coming week. actually broke out my portable AC today LOL
    its going to get into the mid 90s for a while.

I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago where the forecast is calling for highs in the low 60s F this week. That's a little lower than usual for late September - early October in Chicago. Last year we had snow on Halloween and Veterans' Day- I hope that won't happen again this year.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678