Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

1. Woke up to it being 30°F here. can tell winter is on the way -well...maybe- supposed to get to 80°F for October 1st to the 11th. kind of hoping they wrong on that. i just put away my portable AC

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    Woke up to it being 30°F here. can tell winter is on the way -well...maybe- supposed to get to 80°F for October 1st to the 11th. kind of hoping they wrong on that. i just put away my portable AC
    Here in Chicago they're saying a low of 40°F tonight, but then up to 80°F Friday and Saturday. We haven't had a frost yet, but there have been some unusually cool nights and days for early October.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Well... it's 45F (7C) in my part of Chicago today. We are supposed to get heavy rain starting later today and heavy, wet snow tomorrow.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Best wishes with that storm, Elyse! Sounds like it's really going to be something. It's heading here after it hits you guys.

Keep safe and warm!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

And eventually to us, stay safe everyone!

I quite dislike this new "let's name every major storm in winter like we do for hurricanes." What do you think?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Best wishes with that storm, Elyse! Sounds like it's really going to be something. It's heading here after it hits you guys.

Keep safe and warm!

Update: I don't think it was as bad as it could have been. It poured down rain yesterday evening. But then it stopped, and the temperature dropped slowly through the day today. The roads were dry and not icy when I went to work this morning. It was cloudy but dry until mid-afternoon and the snow we got was not the wet, heavy stuff that was predicted. It doesn't seem to have snowed as much either. My drive home from work was slow, which gave me some time to think and to sing along with the radio. So I believe Mother Nature cut us some slack today.

We lost electricity from about 3:30 in the morning until an hour ago at the farm. That means no well either, as it's an electric pump - thankfully we had some bottled water for the animals, and the house stayed relatively warm. It was due to the winds more than anything else apparently. Now the Arctic cold is settling back in. Stay warm, and safe everyone!
    I've Been Frosted