Dearest Gretta, what a beautiful lady you are! You are absolutely gorgeous indeed, lying on your side there so comfortably on top of the grandfather clock. That grey and white fur is so pretty and looks so very soft, and what a sweet face you have with that darker-grey nose and the curly white whiskers and eyebrows and those lovely big golden eyes. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Richmond, VA to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you for me .

And what a delightful story you have to tell! You are very special to your dear Purrrson. He/she found you when you were only about five weeks old, all alone in her/his shed. It turned out your mother had put you in there for safe-keeping, and you'd been alone there for for two full days. Then your mother came back and your Purrrson-to-be brought you both into the house. Your mom nursed you there for two more weeks, and then your Purrrson had her spayed and released.

You have now been home there some thirteen years! You're a very important member of your family, so sweet and so treasured, showing no trace of your mom's feral nature. You and all your family members love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Gretta, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.