Thread: Blue Christmas ...

Blue Christmas ...

I sometimes annoys me that radio shows playing "Christmas Music" never play all of it - none of the sad Christmas songs. River by Joni Mitchell, Elvis's Blue Christmas, and I know there are more.

We are having a sad Christmas here at the farm. Our pretty little charcoal peahen, a baby hatched this year, is named Pearl. She is tiny for her age, and needs to be with other birds, particularly in cold weather.

She has been missing for going on three days now, and we are so worried about her. Kermit has looked everywhere we can think of, but she may be stuck in a tree somewhere, or maybe was chased by a predator. There are no feathers or signs she was taken.

Then last evening, after both of us were away from the farm all day, we came home to a horrible discovery. One of our ducks was hit and killed by a car. From where she was hit, we are guessing it was the UPS truck, as it's not a spot where most cars pull over - right before out mailboxes on the side of the road. Her name was Chick Pea, daughter of Sweet Pea, whom you all have met. She and her brother Lentil were the only surviving duckling this season, and to loose her like this is just heartbreaking.

A young man who was supposed to help Kermit yesterday down at the café, which he was running because of other absences, never showed up. He was supposed to put in hours as Community Service, because of recent bad decisions he made. Instead, he found a way to get his drug of choice, and made excuse after excuse, lie after lie, and never showed up. We are afraid he will end up in jail, and don't know whether that will just make things worse, or benefit him. He is breaking his mom's heart (she is a dear friend of ours), straining the whole family, and losing the respect and trust of the community. It's heart-wrenching.

And of course, as always, I am missing Paul, Dad, and my mum-in-law right now.

Life is good here, and I know that, but sometimes the sadness comes creeping back in.

Sending hugs to all who are dealing with loss, mourning, or otherwise struggling these theoretically "cheerful" holiday days.
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Karen, and Kermit and and all your family members (all species), I am so sorry for all these sad losses on what is supposed to be a joyful holiday. Deepest sympathy to you all. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you some Christmas comfort.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Galaxy and Sparkler.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I too am sending loads of hugs and caring thoughts today … (((((HUGS))))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

P.S., the radio stations I listen to around here play the sad Christmas songs, too.. River, and Blue Christmas, and so forth.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Karen, I'm sorry about everything that has been happening.
    I hope that you and all of your family (all of the animals included) were still able to have a nice Christmas. Hoping for a better 2020.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Karen, the bad stuff in life doesn't take holidays, nor do our feelings. It's okay.

All I can do is to send you gentle hugs.

You're okay.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Karen, hugs

Karen, excuse me if this is a little late, but I'm so sorry for your loss and I give you a long armed hug from Butler, Pa this includes fur and feathers.

Karen, hugs

Karen, excuse me if this is a little late, but I'm so sorry for your loss and I give you a long armed hug from Butler, Pa this includes fur and feather members.

Thank you, David. Hope all is well with you.
    I've Been Frosted