Page 7 of 82 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Pets are Up

I am so sorry about the kittens!
    And I am glad that everybody around you is healthy.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

I am sorry to hear of the kittens. Hope Momma cat and her other kids are safe.
    Here in Switzerland , we have complete lockdown. Only Grocery stores, Pharmaciy, Postoffice , Banks are open.
    Keep safe

I'm so sorry about the kittens, Karen. That's good that the rest of the family have been moved to safety.

Best wishes that everyone stays safe and healthy!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    First time logging on to the computer all day, I will update the pets tomorrow.

Tragically, Kathmandu has killed two of the kittens - his own progeny - so Marigold and the babies are now in a protected space. So just five babies left, they are all adorable and a week and two days old now. Pictures soon, I promise. His neutering Sir Jury is scheduled for April 14th, and cannot come soon enough.

Sooner (the surviving gosling) has a turkey poult buddy - named Goose - for company.

Please stay safe everyone, wash your hands and be mindful.

Humans here are all healthy so far, those most community activities are cancelled. The Post Office is open, though, so was very busy today.
    I'm curious, Karen... Why did you decide to let Kathmandu and Marigold breed, rather than have them neutered/spayed long ago?

If you wanted some new furry faces around, I'm sure there are dozens, hundreds, more, of homeless cats around in rural Vermont, any of whom would be delighted with the opportunity for safe shelter and food and love.

Here is an extensive listing of cat shelters by county in Vermont: http://cat.rescueshelter.com/Vermont

Since Vermont is a long, narrow, vertical state, I don't know which of these places might be near you, but surely you wouldn't have far to go. And Mr. Google has many more listings under "vermont cat shelters," of course.

Meanwhile, my Girls and I are sending warm wishes for health and safety to the new kitty family and all your family (all species).

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Today's pets are finally up, and Phesina, will answer your questions a little later once I get home.
    I've Been Frosted

Phesina, see http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=193552 for why we let them have a litter. You know me, and know we would not have done so recklessly.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I'm curious, Karen... Why did you decide to let Kathmandu and Marigold breed, rather than have them neutered/spayed long ago?

If you wanted some new furry faces around, I'm sure there are dozens, hundreds, more, of homeless cats around in rural Vermont, any of whom would be delighted with the opportunity for safe shelter and food and love.

Here is an extensive listing of cat shelters by county in Vermont: http://cat.rescueshelter.com/Vermont

Since Vermont is a long, narrow, vertical state, I don't know which of these places might be near you, but surely you wouldn't have far to go. And Mr. Google has many more listings under "vermont cat shelters," of course.

Meanwhile, my Girls and I are sending warm wishes for health and safety to the new kitty family and all your family (all species).

We lost
    I've Been Frosted

Today's pets are finally up, amidst Corona Virus preparation, etc. Please see one of Pet Talk's own ...
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Pet, Dog and Cat are up.

Heavy snow to start the day, now rain. Happy first day of spring!
    I've Been Frosted

Spring for sure! Miss Maran - one of last spring's baby chicks, now grown up and laying herself - scored the season's first frog I have seen, and was defending it from all comers today!

And today's Dog, Cat and Pet are up as well.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Phesina, see http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=193552 for why we let them have a litter. You know me, and know we would not have done so recklessly.
    Thanks, Karen. I saw the original post. I just wondered why you decided to create new lives when there are already so many out there in desperate need of homes that just aren't there for them. Did you adopt Kathmandu and Marigold together?

We're sending all our loving good wishes for health and safety and warmth and love to the little babies and all the family, all species, especially during these troubling times.

Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy
    Last edited by phesina; 03-20-2020 at 05:13 PM.
    Death thought about it.

Thanks, Karen. I saw the original post. I just wondered why you decided to create new lives when there are already so many out there in desperate need of homes that just aren't there for them. Did you adopt Kathmandu and Marigold together?
    Yes we did. We looked around locally, but they were the only ones with kittens available, and training from kittenhood not to hunt birds is critical on our farm.

We're sending all our loving good wishes for health and safety and warmth and love to the little babies and all the family, all species, especially during these troubling times.

Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy
    Thank you, all the kittens have prospective homes, more homes than we have kittens.
    I've Been Frosted

Just getting to log in today, at nearly 5:30 pm, as I ended up having to work for the person who normally works the Post Office on Fridays and Saturdays, as she feels like she's coming down with a cold, and decided to be smart and not risk that it is Covid-19, especially as she was leaving Seattle just as they announce the outbreak there.

Sigh, I update the days of the week on the home pages, and will restart with new pets tomorrow.
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Ha ha! Training kittens not to hunt birds 😂🤣😂🤣🙄 Good luck with that 🙈

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Ha ha! Training kittens not to hunt birds 藍藍 Good luck with that 
    We have done so already several times. Having large birds, used to defending their flock mates helps.
    I've Been Frosted