Page 8 of 82 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Pets are Up

Today;s46547 pets are up.
    I've Been Frosted

That last post was done with Mulligan's assistance, hence the extra characters!

Today's Dog, Pet and Cat of the Day are all up!
    I've Been Frosted

It has been a crazy busy day, so rather than post today's pets so late in the day, I will restart the pages tomorrow.

Bless everyone who is sheltering in place, and being smart about social distancing. Most of the Post Office patrons are pretty good about it, thankfully, as we are an "essential service" and still open.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Pets are up at last! Sorry for the gap, folks, stay well!
    I've Been Frosted

Today has been a strange and sad day. We may have lost three ducks to predators, since Dusky cannot be trusted outside on his own without being tied up right now, so is not patrolling the property at night. And for hours we though we also lost Mulligan to a predator, as he was missing for many hours. Thankfully, he somehow got locked in the basement, where we almost never go - it's a star hawk aviary, so Kermit is down there once a day or so to feed and tend them, but hadn't even been down yet today. But all is well with Mulligan.

I will not be updating the pages, I worked today at the Post Office, so am already behind in everything, and I need to attend to things at the farm. It's very stressful being the only one there, and worrying about keeping everyone safe, bleach-wiping things, and dealing with people from other states where the virus is widespread comig up and opening a PO box here.

So relieved Mulligan is okay - he snuck outside when I left for work this morning, so we will have to make sure that never happens again.
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Karen, I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved ducks. How good that Mulligan turned up after you'd thought he was lost, too. Stay inside now, Mulligan!

You have an awful lot to take care of and look after now. Take whatever time you need for those important tasks, and get back to Pet Talk when you are able. We're all sending along loads of love and encouragement and warm wishes and hopes.

Galaxy and Sparkler and Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh no! So sorry to hear this, Karen. So many tragic losses recently. Thankfully Mulligan was found, safe and sound!

It sure sounds like you have your hands full, Karen, what with having to care for all of the animals, on top of working at the Post Office under such dire circumstances. Maybe suspending posting the pets for a while would be a good idea. Most people right now are overwhelmed/busy with dealing with COVID19 and would understand, and I'm sure you could do with a bit less stress too.

Sending love and encouragement to you all! Be safe!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Karen, are you raising hawks in the basement? Those are birds of prey, you know.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Karen, are you raising hawks in the basement? Those are birds of prey, you know.
    They are only nickname star hawks, they are not actually hawks at all, but are Satyr Tragopan. They are in the pheasant family, not the hawk family.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    Oh no! So sorry to hear this, Karen. So many tragic losses recently. Thankfully Mulligan was found, safe and sound!

It sure sounds like you have your hands full, Karen, what with having to care for all of the animals, on top of working at the Post Office under such dire circumstances. Maybe suspending posting the pets for a while would be a good idea. Most people right now are overwhelmed/busy with dealing with COVID19 and would understand, and I'm sure you could do with a bit less stress too.

Sending love and encouragement to you all! Be safe!
    Thanks or understanding. Turns out we did not lose at least one of the ducks we thought we did, so I am still holding out hope for the other two. And Mulligan has not been allowed out ever since, even if he gets annoyingly clingy and needs to lie on my keyboard as I work!

I will get today's Pet, Dog, and Cat up within the hour.
    I've Been Frosted

The pets are up.
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Karen! I'm in awe that you still find time to honor all the animals in people's lives. We appreciate it very much!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Thank you!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    They are only nickname star hawks, they are not actually hawks at all, but are Satyr Tragopan. They are in the pheasant family, not the hawk family.
    Okay, that's a relief!

I'm glad one of the ducks is all right, and here's hopes and warm good wishes for the others.

Best wishes to you and all your family!

Death thought about it.

Crazy busy day today, so will update the pets tomorrow, just changing the dates on the homepage now.

We have new equipment - a plastic window guard now between the customers and myself, so that's more precautions being taken at local post offices. And my coworker tested negative for Covid-19, so she is okay to work this week.
    I've Been Frosted