Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Pets are Up

First Farmer's Market of the season, so I won;t be able to update the pets this afternoon, but will do so for tomorrow morning, okay folks?
    I've Been Frosted

So sorry everyone, the last couple days have been very busy. Today was our annual decorating of the cemeteries, including Paul's stone, but it was pouring rain the whole time, and I had our two dogs with me. The cemetery is enclosed in an old stone wall, but Dusky jumped the wall, Lulu followed him, and instead of having a quiet visit, we ended up calling for the dogs and tromping through the woods. Eventually the rest of the family gave up and went to the next cemetery, and only then did two very wet dogs emerge from the woods.

They were not allowed out of the car again until we got home.

I am sorry for not updating the sites in days, but will now for tomorrow. Again, apologies.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day are up!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    So sorry everyone, the last couple days have been very busy. Today was our annual decorating of the cemeteries, including Paul's stone, but it was pouring rain the whole time, and I had our two dogs with me. The cemetery is enclosed in an old stone wall, but Dusky jumped the wall, Lulu followed him, and instead of having a quiet visit, we ended up calling for the dogs and tromping through the woods. Eventually the rest of the family gave up and went to the next cemetery, and only then did two very wet dogs emerge from the woods.

They were not allowed out of the car again until we got home.

I am sorry for not updating the sites in days, but will now for tomorrow. Again, apologies.
    I'm glad you're all all right, Karen.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I'm glad you're all all right, Karen.
    Thank you, yes, and I think I am dry at last after yesterday's eventually!
    I've Been Frosted

So sorry they are so late getting up, but today's special Dog and Cat and Pet of the Day are up!

Crazy day today, Tuesdays after Monday holidays usually are.
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, since it is so late, why not have the new ones be Wednesday's animals.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Well, I have left them up today, and will skip Wednesday and update the sites for tomorrow to be up on time. Life gets crazy sometimes, sorry folks.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog, cat and Pet of the Day are up!
    I've Been Frosted

Dagnabbit - the day has including assisting with a sick bird, warming a chick doing poorly in my bra, etc., and I will not be able to update the sites today, so sorry. Now its time for Farmer's Market, but I am taking a minute to post here.

Also, we may be getting a new rescue animal - different altogether from our current residents ... a pot-bellied pig! I will keep you posted if it happens.

Here's a happy picture of Mr. Bean with his buddies now that he has settled back in here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've Been Frosted

That's a happy Mr. Bean and crew! Precious! Hope the bird and chick are doing better. But omg, a pot bellied pig??? How many will that make? You're going to have to hire a farm hand or two!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Awwww, they're all so pretty and look so happy! I'm glad Mr. Bean is back with his buds.

Good healing wishes and warm energies to the sick bird and to the chickie warming in your bra. I hope they're both doing better.

Awaiting further news on the pot-bellied pig...

Death thought about it.

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day are now up!

What a day!

Wilder the pig is now here, and a lady who hatched some eggs for us brought the rest of the clutch to us, too. They are Pavloskaya chicks, from our hens that were just not broody enough to hatch them themselves. They are so cute! The others have been here for a couple weeks, they are all about the six of a robin now.
    I've Been Frosted

Do you have any people helping you with the care of all these animals? There must be a huge amount of work involved.

Welcome to the piggie and the chickies, and all the best!
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Do you have any people helping you with the care of all these animals? There must be a huge amount of work involved.

Welcome to the piggie and the chickies, and all the best!
    Oh, yes - besides Kermit and I (mostly Kermit for the outside animals, as I am at work four days a week, we usually have a WOOF-er (Workers on Organic Farms) of sometimes a Helpex person, but right now we have a helper who lives here - this winter he was upstairs, but now has his own "bus" - a combination camper, house and bus - parked here that he lives in. He is a chef whose job got COVIDed pout of existence, but has found new purpose working with animals.
    I've Been Frosted