Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Pets are Up

Yes, plenty of kisses for the kittens! Thanks, Karen!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Today's Pets are up. Grey skies, but at least no snow.

Yesterday, the puppy and Dusky (over a year old, but still very puppy like in energy level) were playing with the kittens, and one was tragically killed. It was a freak accident, but still made us all very sad. Rest in peace "New Moop" - she very much resembled one of the first cats we had here, Moop, who went missing and was likely taken by one of the predators around here.

The four remaining kittens are being weaned, soon to go to their new homes, in another week.
    I'm so very sorry about little New Moop, the kitten you lost, and about Moop, too. My deepest sympathy to the kitten's siblings and mother and Moop's family and friends too, and all who love them and miss them and grieve them so very much.

We're sending virtual kisses and purrrs to all.

Last edited by phesina; 04-26-2020 at 05:51 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

P.S., please keep your cats indoors, so they don't suffer the fate that Moop likely did.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    P.S., please keep your cats indoors, so they don't suffer the fate that Moop likely did.

Pat, we are a farm, and while we are keeping Mulligan in particular inside as much as possible, part of their role on the farm is rodent control. With a feed shed, and other stores of hay, straw, etc., rodents - mice and rats - can be a serious issue. The cats have a serious job to do.

The kittens have not been allowed outside, and Mulligan is too friendly, fluffy and white to survive long outside, so is only out hunting during the day, and again, only limited periods of time.

There are many predators here, bobcat, coyotes and coywolves, etc., but most of them would rather kill our birds than bother to hunt rats, and are not of course welcome anyway on the property - the dogs and donkeys and peafowl make sure of that.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Pets are up!

Rain has started falling down, but after sunset, it is supposed to turn to 2-4 inches of snow - yes, snow - overnight.

And phesina, a future plan is basically like "habitrail" structures, so the cats can travel to the barn feed shed, aviaries, etc., without being vulnerable to predators. We look forward to that being in place, trust me.

We take none of this lightly.
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Karen. That's good to know, and I hope the "habitrail" structures are in place soon. Kitties and I are sending you all our best wishes. That's great that the dogs and donkeys and peafowl are helping keep the predators away.

I'm glad that the kittens are inside. I hope they're in a room that puppies and other boisterous animals can't get into! Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Also glad that Mulligan has a limited role outside. He sounds adorable! Please tell me more about him. How many other cats do you have?

How many other animals, and what kinds, for that matter?!

We had a couple of inches of snow early last week. All gone now!

Death thought about it.

For Angels Moop and Little Moop,
    Rest in peace, precious little ones, at the Rainbow Bridge, whole and healthy again, playing with so many other beloved creatures, and awaiting that grand reunion to take place, One Fine Day..

Death thought about it.

Thanks, Phesina. Heavy snow now, which started late afternoon. It doesn't feel much like April, never mind late April.
    I've Been Frosted

Pets are up, rain falling down.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Pets Dog and Cat are up!

The first kitten went to his new home last night, we miss him already. He was the orange boy.
    I've Been Frosted

Will you be able to keep in touch with the people who adopted him? See how he's growing and all?

All the best to you in your new home, little kitty!

Death thought about it.

Oh, yes - all are going to people we know and love, and trust with these babies!

The Internet has been out until now, sorry folks.
    I've Been Frosted

That's fantastic (about the kitten, that is). Thanks, Karen!

Death thought about it.

Because it is so late in the day, I just changed the days on the homepage and will update the Pet, Dog, and Cat tomorrow. So many apologies, so sorry.
    I've Been Frosted

May day! Today's Pet, Dog and Cat are up.
    I've Been Frosted