Page 1 of 82 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Pets are Up

Today's Pets are Up

Please encourage folks to nominate their special friends, we need new nominations. I am dealing with a hard drive issue, so will be offline for a bit this afternoon. (Driving it to Cambridge, wish me luck.)
    I've Been Frosted

Today's pets are up, sorry so late folks.
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks, Karen! No apologies necessary.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Our beloved and wise Sandra (tatsxxx11) made a suggestion, and I am going to follow it, despite initially rejecting it.

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day are up, late but up. But they will also be tomorrow's featured pets all day, so will have a day and a half of fame. December 12 into the 13th, and it seemed the best day for it, as some building skip floor #13 on their elevator buttons.

Then I will endeavor to prep things so the sites can again be updated in the morning, as they used to be, and do so going forward.

Besides my own recent hospitalization, we have been dealing with an unexpected death in the extended family, it being very very busy at the Post Office, where I am now working, and financial issues. So thinks got more and more behind. And also, we are getting fewer nominations, sadly.

I am glad to report that the hard drive which seemed to be dying has been completely recovered. Bless Paul, who all those years ago, purchased a Raid Array hard drive for me - which is several drives in one case. So only one drive had issues, and they were able to replace that one, and white the data to the other paired drives.

That necessitated my driving to Boston and back last Sunday. And I will be doing so tomorrow to retrieve the drive and 20+ years of photos, memories, etc., some of which was backed up, but some not.

Thanks for your support everyone. I am sorry for my failings, but am trying.

Hug someone you love today, as tomorrow is not promised.
    I've Been Frosted

{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and to YOU, Karen!

From Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Thank you, Karen.
    This is still my favorite site, and things will pick up again!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Good news!

We're with you, and here for you, Karen! Thank you so much for doing your best to keep Pet Talk up and running despite having to deal with SO many daunting challenges recently. And we'll try to better do our part too, especially in the area of recruiting nominees! And what a relief it must be, knowing that the hard drive is salvageable! (Thanks Paul!) As I wrote you earlier, my deepest sympathies on the passing of your extended family member. Just don't forget to take care of yourself, OK???
    Love ya!!!
    S

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks everyone. The page titles now say Friday, and I will schedule social media and then get on the road. Love you all!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding. Was on the road much of the day yesterday, but managed a visit to a very dear elderly friend while I was in the Boston area, retrieved my old drive and all its data, and drove through a lot of fog, rain, and slick conditions, so getting home took much longer than expected, but I arrived safely. Set my alarm to post all the pets by 9 am, and managed all but the Pet of the Day, which, when I went to upload it, I realized Mulligan the kitten has "helped" with the coding so much I needed to redo the page! But that was posted by 9:20 as of course, my hand, mouse, and oems on my desk were as fascinating to a kitten today as they were last night!

Love you all.
    I've Been Frosted

Monday's Pets are now up.

Chaos sometimes reigns, unfortunately. But they are up now, and corrected as well.
    I've Been Frosted

Tuesday's Pets are up.

Snowy day here in Vermont, but made it down the hill/mountain safely.
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Karen.

Be careful and keep safe!

Death thought about it.

Today's pets have been up for a while now - initially Cat of the Day showed today's Dog, Tulip, but that has since been remedied, and you should see Limpy! If not, clear your cache.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Today's pets have been up for a while now - initially Cat of the Day showed today's Dog, Tulip, but that has since been remedied, and you should see Limpy! If not, clear your cache.
    Oops - will clear it now! Ignore my message.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Today's pets are up, have been for a bit now. Off to do the social media.
    I've Been Frosted